By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Do you sell tweets?

bauss

bauss

I don't have enough followers to sell my tweets, but I probably won't ever sell my tweets even when I build up lots of followers.

Kristy

Kristy

I use sponsoredtweets.com which pays you to tweet ads but I hardly ever get any offers on there and even if I did I wouldn't do all of them. I think tweeting a few ads is okay (and they should always be marked as ads) but if you over do it you'll annoy your followers and they'll stop following you. I know that's what I would do. lol

H

hogwarts

I think it's a fine thing for people to do, but I don't really have the patience for it. Plus, my friends might get annoyed with me and stop following me. I'd rather keep my Twitter personal, but if you don't mind it, then go for it, I say.

jjmyles

jjmyles

I wasn't aware that you could sell tweets. How exactly does that work? If anyone has any information about this I would appreciate hearing from them.

Nymph

Nymph

To be perfectly honest, I have heard of selling and sponsoring not only tweets, but pins, likes, shares, you name it. In conjunction with that last statement, I would not mind selling tweets or anything of the like at all, as long as I know the promotion in question is something some of my followers will find useful. It may even be safe - in terms of not losing followers - and profitable for me since I have different twitter accounts specifically for each niche.

BuySellAds is once platform where this occurs, jjmyles, but you can come up with even more by searching "sell sponsored tweets" or anything to that effect with not only tweets, but any one up for a social network you can think of (provided you have enough people connected to you on them).

jjmyles

jjmyles

Thanks Nymph, I will have to start checking into this since, fortunately, I do have a lot of followers on twitter and I may even consider some of the other social media sights I am on.

ozadin

ozadin

I don't sell tweets because I have 0 followers at the moment, haha! Even if I had a decent amount of followers, I still wouldn't sell them unless someone offered me $1 million. There are high chances that the person buying tweets is in a completely different niche than me, so not only will my followers know I'm advertising something not related to my niche, but some of them will unfollow as well.

jjmyles

jjmyles

@ Ozadin, You certainly make some good points. I will have to consider the pros and cons before I seriously contemplate whether or not selling tweets is something I would do.

I

iridescent

I don't sell tweets, but I don't think it's betrayal either. It's just another way to make money on the internet.

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

As long as the product is not a scam, I think the internet marketer has every right to sell tweets.

I see nothing wrong with promoting a good product to my subscribers.

Svedren

Svedren

Nicely put Nymph!
I think most people are very understanding of ad based business models and wouldn't consider it a betrayal of their trust as long as you're completely transparent about "This is an ad". Naturally the content of the ad needs to fit your niche, and shouldn't be annoying or offensive to your readership. While I haven't personally sold twitter ads, I follow several people who do, and it doesn't bother me at all if they're transparent about it...

It's when I click a link and later realize it was an ad instead of something that person/company was recommending that I feel betrayed.

I don't think there is a black / white line on this one :)

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

I don't like selling tweets. I mean, I have built my accounts so I can market my stuff to my audience, why would I give the results of my hard labour to someone else? Well, if the pay is right thats an entirely different matter though :D But thats rarely the case. People want tweets for dirt cheap so I don't sell any... :)

B

blackdata

I do it from time to time when I need money to buy article. Having a twitter account with a huge number of followers is always useful

MazinJunaid

MazinJunaid

The companies that sell their ads usually target at least a couple of thousand followers and then pay accordingly. You could get around $10 for about 50,000 followers and that's the reason most people on twitter either don't post ads at all, and those who do usually have less than a 100 followers. There are however some people who buy their follower and they look at it as an investment and the only reason they invest in followers is so that down the line they could sell their tweets and make some profit. So most people on twitter who have genuine followers look down on selling tweets while others who bought followers see no problem with selling a few tweets

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: