By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!
CotswoldD

CotswoldD

Hi Guys
I have a site domain peterhaken but i decided to change the domain to swankywed, so the same data was put on this new domain, but after advice i have reverted back to peterhaken
Firstly i just deleted the swankywed domain from my hosting
Then i installed the swankywed domain but just have a .htaccess file with this in it.
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RedirectMatch 301 ^(.*)$ blah blah peterhaken dot com

But now i see that when i search for my key pharses in Google, swankywed comes up instead of my peterhaken
Have been really working my domain peterhaken , but just seems to be dropping.But with all these changes i can understand this.
What should i do to completly remove swankywed from the internet?
Should i just remove the domain from hosting?
regards pete

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
You need to be redirecting the entire domain, currently if you click on an internal page or homepage from swankywed from google's index you get a 404 page:

swankywed.com/destination-wedding-photography
swankywed.com

But you should be getting a 301 redirect.

Try something like this :

Apache config:
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.peterhaken.com/$1 [R=301,L]
The $1 at the end of the URL represents redirecting like for like so it doesnt redirect everything to the homepage.

CotswoldD

CotswoldD

OK i have added the code you have suggested.

Will swankywed start to get removed now? and hopefully peterhaken will replace or start to climb?
some peterhaken pages rank, but not all

regards pete

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
OK i have added the code you have suggested.

Will swankywed start to get removed now? and hopefully peterhaken will replace or start to climb?
some peterhaken pages rank, but not all

regards pete
Yes now the domain redirects properly to peterhaken, so as google recrawls swankywed over the coming months it will slowly pick up the 301 redirection and act accordingly .

himmatrathore

himmatrathore

Hi,
Reverting is not so easy but you need to implement 301 redirections and it is the only solution.

Internal linking plugin

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: