By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

External links

O

oodya

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone can help please.

I am building a website that sells posters and wall art. I have recently been advised about incorporating external links on my website I was just wondering what type of external links people use (as I thought it would be a bit dangerous leading potential customers away).

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Nothing wrong with external links which are authoratative and aid the customer in someway, but doing it for the sake of doing it doesnt make sense. What's the reason you've been advised to do this? do the links in question help the customer? if there is a slightest chance of the links taking focus of the customer away, then simply don't do it and create your own resource to aid the customers decision.

Paro

Paro

External Links are hyperlinks that point at (target) any domain other than the domain the link exists on (source). In layman's terms, if another website links to you, this is considered an external link to your site. Similarly, if you link out to another website, this is also considered an external link

Nati

Nati

Established Memeber
Hello all,

I am wondering if someone can help please.

I am building a website that sells posters and wall art. I have recently been advised about incorporating external links on my website I was just wondering what type of external links people use (as I thought it would be a bit dangerous leading potential customers away).

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You should care about the quality of external links. They should be from the high-authoritative websites from your niche.

O

oodya

Hello all. Thank you so much for your responses. So I have another quick question if someone can help please. I am attempting to add quality backlinks to my website. I have a page for my wall art (which is a sub-category on my website). My question is that for the backlinks, do I link them directly to my homepage, or do I direct them to my homepage/wall-art page?

Thank you so much for your help.

S

SEOisTesting

Don't worry about adding external links where they make sense for users but no benefit adding them just for the sake of it

F

Forseti

Everyone should be approached consciously. If you have thematic links - that’s good. But If an unknown site will have hundreds of thematic links in 1 month - this is a clear cheat. Start with 10 links and gradually increase the number. But before creating external links, you must prepare quality content.

M

mayaank

External links are a hyperlinks that point at target any domain other than the domain the link exists on source. External links have a greater contact on search engine rankings than internal links because they are valued by search engines as external votes of courage/demand in a web page. The volume and quality of External Links to a website is an important source of ranking power.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: