By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Fiverr

bauss

bauss

Do you use Fiverr to make money online?

I never tried out Fiverr, but just from observation it can be a good way to get some extra money if you offer a service that is on demand.

Jessi

Jessi

I haven't been getting any sales from Fiverr actually. I don't think I'm putting up enough creative stuff.

I do sell through SEOClerks, though, which is obviously more focused on SEO topics and I get sales every week through there.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

I have a nearly identical writing offer running on both sites and I get 4-5 sales on SEOClerks for every sale on Fiverr.

Each has it's pros and cons, if you are willing to be creative, weird or funny Fiverr is your gig. If you want technical, SEO or writing jobs then SEOClerks will serve you well.

Or you could just run with both, that probably works best :)

Dmarcotte

Dmarcotte

I know a lot of people who have been less than satisfied with the work they get on Fiverr. I think that it is important to be very specific in what you want or in what you offer. I have also heard from people that do very well on Fiverr, so again I think it all depends on what you are selling and how good you advertise.

T

tommymaczoidberg

I personally don't use Fiverr to make money, but I do use it a lot for various projects. I find that there are some great gigers, there are some crappy giggers and there's a whole lot of in between. So, as a person who spends a fair amount of money on Fiverr, how can you get me to buy your gig?

• Offer something unique. There's not all that much that isn't already being offered there, so I'll need to know why what you're offering is better than the similar gig someone else is offering.
  • Stand out. If you've got an interesting picture or a goofy phrase or something, I'll at least look your gig over.
  • Have a video! I don't care if you're not offering a video gig, you need to have a video in order for me to properly connect with you.
  • Offer some kind of express gig. They seem to get a lot of promotion.
  • Don't be unreasonable with "extras" by trying to hide the bulk of the cost in them. I'll reject you on principle if you do that.

Jessi

Jessi

Have a video! I don't care if you're not offering a video gig, you need to have a video in order for me to properly connect with you.

Really? Ugh.

I hate making videos. I'm not very good at it at all. So I would be more afraid of coming across as unprofessional instead of it being something that helps you connect more.

memento_mori

memento_mori

I haven't been getting any sales from Fiverr actually. I don't think I'm putting up enough creative stuff.

I do sell through SEOClerks, though, which is obviously more focused on SEO topics and I get sales every week through there.

Thanks for sharing. I have actually been looking for a popular service similar to Fiverr, and all those I found were pretty disappointing.

deansaliba

deansaliba

I don't think you need a video, some of the top sellers have done very well for themselves without the need of a video.

jpvonline

jpvonline

I use fiverr but have not yet made any sales (not surprised)
You really need to have positive reputation for you to get any sales, and if your a late starter like myself, its extremely hard to get feedback.

memento_mori

memento_mori

I use fiverr but have not yet made any sales (not surprised)
You really need to have positive reputation for you to get any sales, and if your a late starter like myself, its extremely hard to get feedback.

I started a new account a few months ago, and now I have over 300 sales on my Yahoo Answers gig and about 120 positive reviews. I only stopped using it because the account has a rating of 94% due to a large number of cancellations.

The best way to start if to initially offer more than you normally would for that price. Then once you have a few reviews you can reset it to what you planned to offer at first. (I used to offer 20 answers for $5 and once I had enough reviews got it down to 4).

deansaliba

deansaliba

Having said what I said earlier I should point out that I have not made any sales with my gigs, but I am promoting in areas where there is heavy competition and I'm competing against people who have lots of feedback and have been on there from day one.

Tara

Tara

I have been itching to set up a few gigs on Fiverr. I was afraid of the competition and weird and crazy stuff is not really my style.

S

Spintax

I've lucked out with some pretty worthwhile purchases from Fiverr. I'm constantly amazed at the talent of some of the people I've gotten stuff from (banners, videos, ebook covers, etc.). I hope they stay around for a long time to come!

jean

jean

I have tried Fiverr before, but I was disillusioned quickly by the amount of work needed to gain around $4 per sale. If one has a product which can be completed within minutes and dispatched, or has a full or even semi-automation system ready to create the needed work (for example, a video where the design and background are pre-made, and you only need to put some text into proper places, save and then send it to the customer), then Fiverr can be profitable. But my Fiverr product, though in demand, needed around 3~4 hours of work to complete one order, and it tired me very much.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: