By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Google Keyword Tool is Gone REPLACED

• Thread starter thevirtualtraveler
  • Start date

Have you tryed the New Google Keyword Planner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thevirtualtraveler

thevirtualtraveler

Sadly I just found out that the Google Keyword Tool has been taken down and replaced with a new Keyword Planner. :oops: I still have yet to try the new tool but I hope it is as good as the Keyword Tool. You have to log in to your Adwords account which is a downside for me as I am used to just typing in the search box to find the tool and using it. The keyword tool was a great tool for research so I hope Keyword Planner isn't too much different.

How many of you guys use to use the Google Keyword Tool? Have you tried the new Keyword Planner? What do you think?

S

smoothmarketer

I've just noticed that too and I'm just about to try the new keyword planner. I'm one of those guys who hates change initially, and then discover that it was for the best after all. I'm sure I'll hate it, and then love it after i understand more of the features and the major differences.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

I don't think it's that big of a deal really. You can open an AdWords account for free and just access it through that. They are probably just trying to limit all the third party services that are pulling large amounts of data from it without paying to use their APIs like they are supposed to.

I think this is one of the issues Market Samurai ran into in the past, and they had to start using Bing for some of their data since they didn't want to pass the API costs onto consumers - which apparently would have been high because of all the data it pulls from their reporting. I'm curious to see if they will be able to function at all now, since I think they were getting around the restrictions in the past by using multiple IP addresses, but now you need unique Google AdWords accounts.

ViperDove

ViperDove

I've tried it and I love it. The default match type is now exact match unlike the old tool which was broad match. The exact match is more accurate and a lot of people won't make the mistake of searching with the broad match.

S

Sangram

I have little few idea Google keywords tools. please explain more.

thevirtualtraveler

thevirtualtraveler

The Google Keyword tool was a tool that was great for doing keyword research. Now it has been changed to Keyword Planner but it still works great for doing research.

Dahlia02

Dahlia02

Well this is news to me! I haven't checked out Keyword Planner as of yet.

ViperDove

ViperDove

As a newbie, there are two common mistakes you should avoid while using the Google Keywrd Planner. The first is that you should always make use of the exact match. Don't use the broad match. Secondly, the competition data is showing competition among Adwords advertisers. It has nothing to to with ranking in Google's organic result.

Because of this common mistake, I've taken time to write about this tool here:
Google Keyword Research Tool: How to Use it & Fatal Mistakes to Avoid. Newbies will find it very helpful.

Trista

Trista

I found using the Keyword Planner a pleasant surprise as it can perform essentially the same functions as the Keyword Tool. It's just after so many years of having it as a resource, I did have some concerns and perhaps some apprehension. And because Google has recently ended other services -- notably Google Reader -- I was feeling already that they were taking away all of my favorite toys! But I am satisfied with Keyword Planner. I can do all of my research tasks as before.

I agree with others who have noted that the exact match -- which is now the default mode -- is preferable. It's true, you do get better and more accurate results with exact match rather than broad match.

NicheGuy

NicheGuy

I too just found out about the demise of Keyword Tool and the launch of Keyword Planner. It's different but didn't really take much time to get used to.

I was using it to decide on a new domain name for a site I'm going to build and at first I was muttering to myself because I just want to get it over with. A little patience and paying attention to the new tabs helps.

danealegana

danealegana

I found this out when I am too busy researching for new keywords which will work best for one of my sites. Changes doesnt really matter but getting used to it at a very hectic time is not really good at all. It took me 2 hours finishing my task with Keyword Planner which supposedly took me 15 minutes with the old Keyword Tool.

wowtgp

wowtgp

Google Keyword Tool is no more. This is an old news. I have been using Keyword Planner for a couple of weeks now and have gotten the hang off it really well.

I like it better than Keyword tool.

calebmelvern

calebmelvern

I would have to say that I enjoyed Keyword Planner very much. When Google announced that they will replace the Keyword Tool, I was a bit worried. I did a lot of keyword research and extracted the data on a spreadsheet. But when Keyword Planner was released, I found out that it works just as well, if not better, as the old Keyword Tool.

It might take a little getting used to because of the new interface, but it really works well.

wowtgp

wowtgp

I would have to say that I enjoyed Keyword Planner very much. When Google announced that they will replace the Keyword Tool, I was a bit worried. I did a lot of keyword research and extracted the data on a spreadsheet. But when Keyword Planner was released, I found out that it works just as well, if not better, as the old Keyword Tool.

It might take a little getting used to because of the new interface, but it really works well.

It works way better than keyword tool. I for one can see the improvements.

Satya Prakash

Satya Prakash

yup its old news now ... m using it from 2 weeks ... but its really annoying me Keyword tool is better than this.
RIP Keyword Tool :(

A

Ajay Goel

I haven't use the new Keyword research tool called keyword planner. i hope it will work as easier as Google previous research tool does.

DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReilly

I don't like keyword planner, bring back keyword tool. I just got used to using keyword tool in a big way and now its gone :p. I don't like the people who took it away, lol. I suppose i will have to get used to Keyword Planner now though, lol.

C

chelsie

The keyword planner tool is so much better, in my opinion. It has more choices and follows the Google trends way better than the Google tool ever did. We needed a update on this tool a while ago and Google came through with this. It helps a lot with looking up new niches and particular long tails.

BigJ

BigJ

I don't like change... GKT was better but I'm sure that over time I will adjust. Thankfully my other resources have stayed the same.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: