By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Google PageSpeed Insights - Frustrating!!!

M

macB

I've been working on improving rankings and as part of this I'm using Google's PageSpeed Insights.

At present I get 93 on desktop but only 59 on mobile.

What I find frustrating is that its actually Google services being reported as the problem!

Lab Data suggests: first CPU Idle of 7.9s and Time to interactive 8.7s which is probably because of the google ads as you can see this in the browser console!

Serve Images in next-gen format (yellow warning)
googlesyndication

Ensure text remains visible during webfont load (red warning)
fonts.gstatic

Reduce Javascript execution time (red warning)
Jquery (what can I do about that?)
googleads
googetagservices
pagead2.googlesyndication
googletagmanager

Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy (yellow warning)
google-analytics
googlesyndication

Just so frustrating and to top it off it says time to interactive 8.7s! I don't believe this, on old android mobile with an average internet connection, the page loads in less than 2 seconds.

I'm just not sure what I can do here, is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
It's reletively simple to work around most of them, Google fonts for example is a big killer and you can just download the fonts and load them locally instead which would fix that issue. Use a site like :

To download the font files.

Other assets again, go through your libraries and see if its justifiable to load them locally rather than via a CDN.

Google tag manager could help ease the load of analytics and adds combining verious scripts in to one.

M

macB

Instead of self-hosting the fonts I've actually self declared them, instead of using a simple import I've defined the @font-face elements in the code which gives me the oppurtunity to add font-display property for the webfont load issue.

However Google ads uses a font that I don't use at all "Roboto" so the red warning I'm getting is about that font and is something out of my control, I think?

I'm already using tag manager, again that's one of the red warnings I get for Javascript execution time?

I've spent the last 2 days trying to code around these issue but I seem to be stuck when it comes to Google related elements.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: