By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Google reviews for online services company. That possible?

spot

spot

I’m thinking about starting collecting google reviews. The thing is that we offer a service online and I read in the Google My Business guidelines that you are supposed to list companies only for companies that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or for companies that travel to visit customers where they are.

That’s not us. Like I said we just offer a service online. Noone is supposed to come to our ‘physical address’ and neither we visit anybody.

Does that mean that we cannot have a My Business listing and Google reviews? I’m sure lots of other companies like us do have google reviews. Or am I wrong?

Is there a way out? Thanks

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
You can have a Google business listing, but you would you be classed as a service area business rather than a physical brick and mortar business. When signing up you will be asked to enter your address initially for Google to verify you are a real business or service provider. After thats verified you can switch to a service area business which doesnt show your address on the listing.

Google understands that there is an increasing amount of businesses working remotely, from home offices, buildings or indeed businesses that deliver to or visit their customers rather than having a shop front.

spot

spot

Are you sure? In the guidelines it sates explicitly: “Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are.”

What makes you think differently? (Really, trying to understand.)

(sorry for not posting the link to the guidelines. It seems I can't do that, as a new member. Try googling for : Guidelines for representing your business on Google )

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
My Apologies, I mis-read your description. I thought you served customers face to face ( I.e visited them ) but just didnt serve them at your physical location.

You are correct that Google business listings are only for either of those senarios, you must serve them at their location or at your location.

So for example a self employed plumber, who didnt want to disclose thier home address, could have a listing and hide their address because they served local people face to face, but an online store which has no store front, and didnt serve people face to face wouldnt be allowed a listing.

spot

spot

Indeed, I understand the very same.

I'm just thinking that business like us that operate virtually must have a way of getting google reviews. It sounds only fair, doesn't it?

We offer a great service, our clients are happy and we'd like to have some google reviews. Is there a way out?

(Eventually we'll pick some other reviews service, but I need to know what's possible with google reviews first.)

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: