• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join us!

How did you learn how to code?

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
How did you learn how to code?

Most of mine was out of necessity plus trail and error when building my websites.

Jimmy

Jimmy

SEOTalk Guru
I learnt coding from playing around in my localhost. I know html/css but I really want to learn php so I can further customise things. Ive still never shown anyone one of my themes (I showed you my joke pink one lol).

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
I learnt coding from playing around in my localhost. I know html/css but I really want to learn php so I can further customise things. Ive still never shown anyone one of my themes (I showed you my joke pink one lol).
Show me the one you are working on :D

Shortie861

Shortie861

I don't know too much code myself but what I do know I taught myself from tutorials online and from just messing around and working things out for myself. I have found it alot easier to teach myself from mistakes and tutorials then I feel I would have by going to college and learning. I may go to college myself at a later date to learn other coding I am not yet familiar with.

Ricus

Ricus

It really depends what you are keen on learning, since there are many programming languages on the web. For CSS, javascript and HTML I can only recommend using the website called www.w3schools.com . It has various tutorials online for free and you are even able to try out various things.

ashkan

ashkan

I have taken courses in coding long ago. After you learn one or two from an intructor, I have found that the rest seems a lot easier.

I learned C++ and Java in a class many many years ago. After learning those everything else seems a lot easier. I started to learn HTML, CSS and PHP afterwards using online tutorials and books that I got from the library.

Coding concept is very similar when it comes to all languages. Yes there are many big differences but when you learn a couple, others seem a lot easier.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

I learned C++ during highschool. All the HTML I know I learned while working at my first blog.

SeanFace101

SeanFace101

Well, what i know so far is learned through watching online tutorials, reading instruction pages i have google & asking and reading on forums. As well as that, alot of trial & error has been involved, i have made a far few mistakes, messing things up from time to time, but learning what i done wrong & how to fix it, help not do it again.

I

isuit21

I have learned it by using it. For example I had to use HTML for some of my websites and therefore always used search engines to find the specific code for a certain area.

SEO Powersuite Banner

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] SEO Meta XF2
    [Rivmedia] SEO Meta XF2
    Create search engine friendly and user enticing Titles for nodes while retaining their visual names.
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] SEO Auto Linker
    [Rivmedia] SEO Auto Linker
    SEO Auto linker allows forum owners to dynamically add links to words in posts
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: