By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Question How do you promote your blog/site for free?

Beverly

Beverly

I love free advertising and have never paid for advertising in the eight years that I've worked online.

I like to post on Google + as a way to advertise my blog(s) but it also helps me hone my writing skills. In addition, I write articles for free distribution and the backlink included in the signature line helps advertise my blogs. Also, I use forum signature links when appropriate (assuming it's the same niche as my blog) to discreetly advertise my site(s). Sometimes, I find free directories that let me list my blogs. Guest posting on other blogs (with a signature line) is also a great free way to advertise a blog.

All these free methods help my SEO efforts and actually get real traffic.

There are many other free ways to advertise and promote a blog or site. Please share your free promotion technique.

Shortie861

Shortie861

For me it's usually social networks I use such as Twitter and Facebook. I have found myself just recently though to be using Twitter alot more than I was doing and I have found this to be a very successful way of promoting. I also use other techniques such as posting on other forums with my link in my signature and also in my profile and I use topsites and directories which I have found have been a great help :)

Ricus

Ricus

In the case you want to promote your blog for free on the web, I definitely suggest submitting it to directories, using social networks and promote it in various forums with the exact same niche. Of course you can also do some blackhat promoting, by writing comments on other "dofollow" blogs. As a name you simply put in the keyword and you add the website address.

ashkan

ashkan

Advertising is a very interesting thing. The whole point of it is, you might be able to get a million views but will the user click on the ad.

I usually don't do actual advertisement unless I truly know the site. I have many different banners and sometimes I make a new banner just for a specific site to catch the users attention.

I usually do sponsoring, I found that I can get more traffic through it.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

I use social networks like Facebook and Twitter a lot. And sometimes I promote my site using Yahoo! Messenger.

SeanFace101

SeanFace101

There are lots of ways to promote your website on the net for free. I like to use social networking websites such as twitter, facebook, ping, stumbleton, youtube, etc.. to share page and increase visitors that way. Other ways to promote for free are directory submissions, leaving comments on blog posts, posting good content on forums & partnering up with other websites can also be good to get more traffic. Dont forget word of mouth, when you meet people in your offline life, be sure to let them know about your website if you think it will interest them.

lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius

I use promotion forums, social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, and link directories.

I also promote my forums in my signatures on forums that allow it.

I

isuit21

I currently use social networks, such as Twitter and Google+ to promote my website. I have noticed a tremendous increase of visitors since then. I also have installed a plugin for my website, which will tweet every new post.

S

Shole

There are a lot of free ways :D I use promotion forums and guest posts to get my visitors for my blog and twitter and facebook :D

pandaa

pandaa

Promotion forums are a great way to start, I actually happen to own one. Once you get some members, you can start to get a userbase that people will want to join if they see you on social media, which is a good next step. :)

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

If you're using WP, you can post a lot of comments on CommentLuv blogs. CommentLuv is a comments system that allows you to create dofollow backlinks on other blogs.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Use social media, get signature links on other forums (preferably dofollow but it helps either way), spread the word about your site as much as you possibly can and you'll slowly start seeing results.

E

edwardkingston

Well i actually use forums,promote on social networking sites and sometime emails :D

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Great content, active participation in forums and word of mouth. These three things can carry you a long way but you have to be consistent and you have to be patient, it's probably the slowest method available. It's the only method for me!

Mokushi

Mokushi

Forums. That, and Facebook.

To be honest, advertising is something I don't do very well. I never know whether I'm overstepping some kind of boundary, so I find myself forgetting about it entirely. It's... Not very good.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Hey Mokushi, you will always be the worlds number one promoter for your own interests, nobody else will do that for you out of the blue unless you pay them or create phenomenal content which somehow benefits them as well.

Mokushi

Mokushi

Hey Mokushi, you will always be the worlds number one promoter for your own interests, nobody else will do that for you out of the blue unless you pay them or create phenomenal content which somehow benefits them as well.
I guess that makes sense, but still, is it normal to feel like your attempts to advertise simply aren't welcome? I feel it may be a little silly, but I don't like imposing at the best of times, so when I'm trying to promote myself, it just feels wrong.

Samurai

Samurai

There are so many ways to advertise your site for free that I can't possibly list all of them here. Here are just a couple techniques that I find the most effective:
  • Long tail keywords - write articles optimized for long tail keywords. It's very easy to rank for these keywords in top10, and while you only get a couple of visitors from each keywords, they quickly add up.
  • Free reports - write a good and detailed report and offer it for free. People love freebies.
  • Epic content - write extremely lengthy and useful articles that people want to share on Facebook or Twitter. One viral article can make your site go from 10 visitors a day to 1000 visitors a day.
  • Guest posts - write guest posts for popular blogs and sites. Publishing a guest post on a site that has 10 000 subscribers can tremendously increase your traffic.
  • Build a network - get to know other people in your niche. Work closely with them - promote their tweets, products, exchange links, etc.

Dmarcotte

Dmarcotte

I love free advertising and have never paid for advertising in the eight years that I've worked online.

I like to post on Google + as a way to advertise my blog(s) but it also helps me hone my writing skills. In addition, I write articles for free distribution and the backlink included in the signature line helps advertise my blogs. Also, I use forum signature links when appropriate (assuming it's the same niche as my blog) to discreetly advertise my site(s). Sometimes, I find free directories that let me list my blogs. Guest posting on other blogs (with a signature line) is also a great free way to advertise a blog.

All these free methods help my SEO efforts and actually get real traffic.

There are many other free ways to advertise and promote a blog or site. Please share your free promotion technique.

These are all great ways to build backlinks and move up in the rankings as well as advertise. I would also like to suggest Press Releases. These can be surprisingly effective when you have something specific to say.

S

SonnyNET64

To promote my gaming blog, and niche website, I often use the great social networking tools. That have an abundant amount of people online everyday, and it is a great way to promote and advertise.

SonnyNET64

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: