By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How good is Twitter for promoting?

Drago

Drago

While I do own a Twitter account, I rarely use it that much. I'm sure Twitter is good for quick little updates regarding a forum/site, but how good is it for actual site promotion? My biggest problem with Twitter is the obvious character limit. It frustrates me to no end, especially when I have to send two tweets just to finish what I was saying.

Have you had any luck with Twitter promotion? or is it just ineffective?

G

gadgetised

Twitter is fantastic for promotion. Just be sure to hash tag appropriately and your followers will increase over time. It is not a fast process and may take some time, but a natural build up of followers can really help for promotion. You can also try Twitter point exchange programs like TraffUp to build up your followers and get more retweets. It can also be used to get more website views. PostLoop is also great to get more comments and forum posts.

M

mikelouis

I would say Facebook is much better in promotion of your site. You can post a small snippet of your content and tell people to follow a link if they need to read the whole content. I have used the two and Facebook has more effect and numbers.

RjMaan

RjMaan

Twitter is one of the most widely used social media site and it is best for social media marketing. I mostly have real users.

admons

admons

It’s super easy to set up the Twitter Promote Mode; it takes only four quick steps. If you want to follow along, you might be able to find the “Promote Mode” option when you click on your profile image on twitter.com.

Daniel Dixon

Daniel Dixon

Twitter is one of the most widely used Social Media Marketing channels. It is best for internet marketing. You can promote anything else according to your information.

HTH!
Regards,
hire php developer

hilleug61

hilleug61

In my opinion, you should go with Linkedin if you want the quality crowd to see your post. Facebook and Twitter are good but not as good as compared to Linkedin!
Its
Rank 1 = Linkedin
Rank 2 = Facebook
Rank 3 = Twitter

Regards,
Full Stack Web Developer

Last edited:
B

Bobxogn

Twitter is a good platform, but I didn’t manage to quickly promote a site through it personally.

laurenhayward

laurenhayward

Twitter is good for connecting people of your industry very easily.
It is the somewhat professional network to build and discuss your business.
But the engagement and traffic from twitter is lesser than Facebook and Linkedin or instagram
So, for social presence of big brands twitter is good but for small business, you need to work hard for engagements for your business.

syedtutul

syedtutul

Twitter is fantastic for promotion. Just be sure to hash tag appropriately and your followers will increase over time. It is not a fast process and may take some time, but a natural build up of followers can really help for promotion. You can also try Twitter point exchange programs like TraffUp to build up your followers and get more retweets. It can also be used to get more website views. PostLoop is also great to get more comments and forum posts.

How will I promote my website post in PostLoop?

jacobdeen

jacobdeen

It really does depend on your audience, your product and the area you're promoting. Think of Twitter as talking to the whole world and think of talking on Facebook as talking to a community.

jacobdeen

jacobdeen

Personally I avoid Twitter like the plague, I find it can be incredibly expensive and unreliable when targeting. Facebook is my default go-to platform.

B

bracknelson

Established Memeber
Hello,
Twitter Promote accounts are an effective way to increase the number of Twitter followers and enhance your social proof. In other words, the more followers you have, the more credibility and authority your company or brand appears to have. When you promote tweets on Twitter, you only pay when you've achieved your marketing objective.

alexson

alexson

Established Memeber
Twitter makes it perfect for your brand promotion. here you can get a large amount of traffic. There are so many of creating backlinks on Twitter that you know instantly.

robertmiler

robertmiler

Advertising on Twitter can help you grow your audience, promote your products, drive traffic to your website, and more.

T

tryinlanister

Twitter for me is the best social media there is.
growing a following on Twitter is as much important as Instagram or any other social media
Posting good content on Twitter will allow you directly to connect with your followers and help reach them

sandraanderson

sandraanderson

Twitter is a big social media platform where you can get your target audience easily. Twitter is a way to increase your brand/business traffic shortly. Here you can get worldwide customers for your business.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: