By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How many domains do you own?

danealegana

danealegana

I currently have 5 which I maintain everyday and about 20 plus for my clients registered under my name because they trust me so much. :)

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

I only really have one which I actually use a little bit but even then I don't use it alot! Where do you guys buy al of your domains and how long do you guys own them all for? Like at Godaddy where I get mine I can get a 10 year right thing :).

Z

Zerth

Currently owning 3, it gets very confusing if you're owning more.
But they're on auto renew each year so I don't have to worry about them unless I'm adding a sub domain.

Sugarhill

Sugarhill

I own 14 original domains, most are the .com/net/org of the main sites that I plan to create. I don't go and buy someone else's domain or old site. At this time, that's not even something that would look worthwhile.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

Currently owning 3, it gets very confusing if you're owning more.
But they're on auto renew each year so I don't have to worry about them unless I'm adding a sub domain.

Do you not update the sites with fresh content then or are you just hoarding them and waiting for somebody to try and buy them off you?

Steverd

Steverd

I have about 24 domains right now. I've had many others from my business. I used to register the .net and .us for each of my main domain. I haven't done that in a while. But I come up with what I think is a great domain name and run over to 1and1.com (where I host all of my domains) and see if it's available. The last four domains I added where this type. I could park them and see if anyone wants to buy or not. Most of for feature ideas or forums that I might do.

Sugarhill

Sugarhill

I don't know how true it is, that if you look up a domain on a registrar's site, they will buy the name up and cause you to pay more. But, just in case, you can look up any domain on Domize.com.

F

fancy

Ever since 2000 I have owned more than 100 domains. I sold a few which I was offered a good deal. Having such huge hoard of domains I couldn’t manage all while others were not quite productive hence I left a few dozens to expire. So far I only have a few are standing strong. Up to now I only need ten domains that can stand on their own hence I am planning to sell a dozen. However I don’t market them which have caused me to take more than four months now looking for a buyer.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

Ever since 2000 I have owned more than 100 domains. I sold a few which I was offered a good deal. Having such huge hoard of domains I couldn’t manage all while others were not quite productive hence I left a few dozens to expire. So far I only have a few are standing strong. Up to now I only need ten domains that can stand on their own hence I am planning to sell a dozen. However I don’t market them which have caused me to take more than four months now looking for a buyer.

Is it still worth registering a load like you did in 2000 as eventually one day the world is going to run out of domain names right? Just and idea but have you earned a lot from it?

RjMaan

RjMaan

I have just one domain but i have several ideals and soon I will make domains according to these ideas.

F

Firebreathz

Established Memeber
I only have the one but it keeps me busy day and on night

pavman123

pavman123

Established Memeber
I own about 15 domains, but only use 4 of them for my blogs

M

monetizeinfo

Around 60.Plain to leave at least 10 to expire as I've never built anything on them for years.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: