By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Question Is merging sites a bad thing, or keep them separate? Help...

pbul2004

pbul2004

Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice as I really don't know what to do.

I have a family travel site blog. Which has been going for 3 years, gets 250 users per day (pre-COVID).. During this time we've been on and off, to be honest, we've not been consistently at it for 3 years.

I also have a new-ish website for baby products to a specific product within that niche. There are only 10 posts on this site and it gets 25-40 users per day.

With the news of Amaz0-n cutting commissions. I'm wondering if I should...

A) Carry on with the travel site, continuing to release content with the aim of gaining traffic, rather than doing affiliate posts. But add a section for baby gear and move all posts from my new site to the travel one, and any new baby posts - put them on my travel site. Having one maintainable site.

B) Or, have 2 separate sites. One for travel and one for the baby product I'm focusing on, and be the go-to site about it?

I find that the keywords are tricky in travel but for my baby product site, there's a lot of them both helpful content and affiliate?

I'm leaning towards option A, but want to know what you guys think and if Google would view option A negatively or if you'd do better having a sperate site dedicated to the baby product in question??

Thank you

Internal linking plugin

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: