By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Local SEO help/advice

I

ianhaney

Hi

I am looking ro get my site ranking better in Google for some local SEO pages I created, for example I have created computer-repair-basildon and laptop-repairs-basildon but I was given advice that instead of having computer-repair-basildon and laptop-repairs-basildon that I should have just computer-repair and laptop-repairs. I did a google search in incognito mode and for laptop repairs basildon, my site comes up but it's the home page and was told it is because the content is quite similar and Google is getting confused. I have since changed the laptop-repairs-basildon page to be more unique content than the home page.

The advice I want to confirm is, is it better to have laptop-repairs instead of laptop-repairs-basildon? I thought it would be better to have laptop-repairs-basildon. The advice I was given was to have laptop-repairs as "search engines would know I am from by the consistent name, address, phone number across the site, social profiles and such so anyone searching for computer repairs in Basildon - search engines know your a local business and show you to these users as you’re local".

Is that correct advice?

Thank you in advance

hilleug61

hilleug61

No. the advise related to Basildon is wrong!
The reason- Basildon is a place in the UK! And if you add the name 'Basildon' in your URL's Slug then the tactiq will help your page to rank high for repair+Basildon related search queries!!

computer-repairs-basildon is better than computer-repairs

Yes, the another thing is rightly said though.
Content on two pages should not be same. So create an unique content for both Homepage and internal page.

Last edited:
I

ianhaney

Thank you for the reply hilleug61 and the info, appreciate it. I did think it didn't sound right by just having laptop-repairs as I want to be found for laptop-repairs-basildon and computer-repair-basildon so will leave it as it is and just make sure the content is unique on them pages and the home page

hilleug61

hilleug61

Thank you for the reply hilleug61 and the info, appreciate it. I did think it didn't sound right by just having laptop-repairs as I want to be found for laptop-repairs-basildon and computer-repair-basildon so will leave it as it is and just make sure the content is unique on them pages and the home page
Pls like my reply. This helps!

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Localised Landing pages are only a real benefit if each page is completely unique, changing a few words is not good enough and if you are doing that, or if you can't create unique content for each local landing page then its probably better to have individual service pages like you've been advised.

Use something like Siteliner.com to give you an idea as to whether pages on your site is being considered as duplicated.

I

ianhaney

I have since made the page to have unique content to the other pages. I'll checkout siteliner.com now, thank you

Bradwell

Bradwell

For local SEO there is a requirement to do a Business listing in the specified area like Australia, all the local area submission help to get rank easily in the Google SERP.

P

pankaj0008

create a website with quality content. use proper meta tag and for local seo create business listing.

EthanR

EthanR

Analyse the keyword volume for
computer-repairs-Basildon
computer-repairs

target keyword which has a high volume in the targeted location.

saisaanvi

saisaanvi

Now Google is focussing on more quality and unique content, title, meta tags and keywords.

Latest posts

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: