By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

LOCAL SEO SITE STRUCTURE LINKS HELP

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
I am changing the site structure of my local seo pages so currently I have website.co.uk/computer-repair-basildon but am going to change it to website.co.uk/basildon/computer-repair as have read that it is better for local SEO but am stuck on the links. The computer-repair page is in the root of the site and it loads if visit website.co.uk/computer-repair but how do I get the url to display as website.co.uk/basildon/computer-repair. Do I need to add something in the htaccess file or do I add a folder on the server called basildon and then put computer-repair page inside that folder but would it confuse the site as I have a page called basildon as well

I will also be adding other towns as well as having basildon so the structure would be town1/computer-repair and town2/computer-repair

So each town will have different service pages as well

Can anyone help please?

Clockwork_Moggy

Clockwork_Moggy

What CMS are you using if any? If are using WordPress you should be able to edit the Permalink and site structure within the backend of the site, fairly easily. If you already have Basildon as a page why not have computer repair as a child page. Which will automatically give you the URL structure you are looking for.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
I am not using any CMS system on the site but think I have sorted it. I created a folder called basildon and then put computer-repair.php inside the basildon folder and then done the same for the other services and will do the same structure for other towns and put service pages in those making sure content is different on each service page and relevant to the town(location) page

Clockwork_Moggy

Clockwork_Moggy

Fair enough. Glad you found a solution that works for you.

Internal linking plugin

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: