By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Local SEO?

M

macB

Hi,

I run a small tourist information website, lets say I have a blog page "Things to do in the South East". Should I be adding the country as in
"Things to do in the South East England"? Otherwise how does Google know these results relate to England (as oppose to Wales, Scotland etc)?

But by doing this am I reducing my potential serp rankings as I now have a more specific set of keywords (i.e. I've added the country)?

I'm confused so any help would be appreciated.

Mac

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
You should be making as clear as possible to the intended target and their potential search phrases, are people going to be searching for "things to do in the south east of england".............probably not many.

They are more likely to be searching in a much narrower range, such as a county, town etc

So if you have your primary title as "Things to do in the South East of England" , be sure to have your headings through out the page mentioning counties and towns that your attractions reside in. Such as "Adventure pages in Reading".

The Title, combined with the content and headings all give you the relation to the area you are targetting, for both visitors and Search engines.

M

macB

Thank you, I'm actually already doing what you suggest above, the blog page does include links to counties and towns, so this gives "location" context to the heading (without stating the country).

I suppose my question was aimed more generally at how Google use your location for search results. If you search for "things to do near me", how does it translate the keywords for searching? Does it literally get your location and change the keyword search i.e.

"things to do near me" becomes "things to do near London"?

sofacleaningdublin

sofacleaningdublin

Hi

Create another option in your blog area called "areas". Write a 300 words article about all important villages, small cities, lakes, rivers, things to see in your area. Most people will search for South East England but many people will be more interested in small villages. You do not need to write very complicated articles.

Village X

Has a shop
The river is great for trout
X was born here
The restaurant x sells great stew
Great nature walk
etc

It will attract a lot of traffic to your website and links with those pages will be shared.

M

macB

Thanks, that's something I'm struggling with at the moment, I'm good at the website development bit but rubbish at creative writing.

Thanks

Nati

Nati

Established Memeber
Hi,

I run a small tourist information website, lets say I have a blog page "Things to do in the South East". Should I be adding the country as in
"Things to do in the South East England"? Otherwise how does Google know these results relate to England (as oppose to Wales, Scotland etc)?

But by doing this am I reducing my potential serp rankings as I now have a more specific set of keywords (i.e. I've added the country)?

I'm confused so any help would be appreciated.

Mac
You should create account on Google My Business. It feeds information to a variety of places, including the local pack and Google Maps search results, but the most familiar appearance will likely be when it’s in the top right (or top on mobile) of a branded search for your business. Then I recommend you to familiarizing yourself with the three core elements of local search ranking:

1. Proximity: How close is your business to the searcher?
  2. Relevance: How relevant to the search query are your products and services?
  3. Prominence: What do other consumers say about your products and services?

M

mayaank

Local SEO refers to the process of develop your online presence appeal to more business from significant local searches. These searches take place on Google and other search engines. Local search engine optimization requires a strategic and targeted reached that is distinct from general SEO. We created this overall guide to help local SEO experienced gain a better understanding of today’s local search landscape.

N

nmttechnologies

Local SEO is a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that helps your business be more visible in local search results on Google. Any business that has a physical location or serves a geographic area can benefit from local SEO.

B

bracknelson

Established Memeber
Local SEO is a type of search engine optimization (SEO) that makes your company more prominent in Google's local search results.

Local SEO can assist any company that has a physical location or serves a specific geographic area. Local SEO can help you expand your business if you search Google for any essential keywords linked to your business and a map with three listings shown underneath it (also known as a map pack).

zain ch

zain ch

Hey,
If you are running a travel and tourism blog then I can help you with local SEO, GBM SEO, and Local SEO Schema markup.

I have experience in holiday and tourism local SEO UK based.

Last edited:
J

jasonroy

One of the best ways to improve your local SEO is by creating a Google My Business listing. This will help you to appear in Google Maps and Local Search results, and it will also give you the opportunity to add important information about your business such as hours of operation, contact info, and photos. If you have any questions about Local SEO Services then you can be asked.

Devgency

Devgency

Local SEO is the practice of optimizing a website in order to increase traffic, leads and brand awareness from local search. Common tasks associated with local SEO include finding local keywords, optimizing a business's Google My Business profile, and building “NAP” citations.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: