By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Lots of content writers here

S

Spintax

Have any of you taken the leap and become Kindle authors, yet? If so, how's it going? Do you write fiction or nonfiction? Was it what you expected?

Viktori

Viktori

I have never heard of being a Kindle author and that sounds interesting. I've often thought about being able to someday submit an article to big companies like Yahoo and possibly get published, but now I suppose I'll be looking into becoming a Kindle author as well, since that seems like a little more up my alley. Thanks for the share!

Nymph

Nymph

I've looked into self-publishing with Kindle and, I must say, it's pretty intimidating when you hear the success stories weighed against the failures. I know many huge successes had to try for years to be seen before the authors got their time of day. Writing (or typing, rather) an entire book is no easy feat, either. It can take months, even years to complete, and then you may not be satisfied with what you have. A writer at heart is what I am, so I may give it a shot if I have funds to spend in the future.

Viktori

Viktori

I've looked into self-publishing with Kindle and, I must say, it's pretty intimidating when you hear the success stories weighed against the failures. I know many huge successes had to try for years to be seen before the authors got their time of day. Writing (or typing, rather) an entire book is no easy feat, either. It can take months, even years to complete, and then you may not be satisfied with what you have. A writer at heart is what I am, so I may give it a shot if I have funds to spend in the future.

I understand what you mean. It's so easy to get discouraged when we hear about the hardships of other writers, but it's important that we continue to trust our gut, and to remember that it doesn't mean that if lots of people failed then we would too. What's important is to not get discouraged enough and to continue to try if it's really what we want. I agree with what you said, though, it may be better to write when we are a little bit more comfortable financially since our minds will be a lot clearer.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: