By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Meta Title and Description Advice

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Hi

Just looking to get bit of advice on my meta title and description tags on my home page as thinking about the length of the meta title

My meta title tag is Computer Repairs Basildon - Laptop Repairs Basildon - IT Done Right

My meta description is IT Done Right provide computer repairs in Basildon and also carry out other services such as laptop repairs in Basildon

Would it be better if my Meta Title Tag is Computer and Laptop Repairs Basildon - IT Done Right

If I change it, am worried it will affect the SEO rankings for the local seo keywords, that's why I have it as it currently is by having the main keywords separate

Thank you in advance

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Ideally your Title tag should be no longer than 60 Characters long. Personally Id use something like :

Basildon Computer & Laptop Repairs - IT Support Services

The only time id extend it and put " - IT done right" at the end is if i really couldn't think of anything else and needed to fill the 60 character gap or it started to look spammy. As you can see the above is perfect for what you require, it doesnt look spammy and will likely convert in my opinion.

For Meta Descriptions, you can do anything between 100 - 300/320 characters. These should be descriptive of what that particular page is offering. Use it as sales pitch but don't go over the top.

So I'd probably use your meta description for the homepage as something like :

IT Done Right provide laptop and computer repairs in and around the Basildon area. Offering services such as computer diagnostic, virus removal, hardware and software upgrades, new build computers, data recovery and more. We can take care of all computer, laptop and devices in your home or business.

Obviously on your specific services pages you would focus on that particular service, but the above would be fine for the homepage.

If in doubt, Google your search term, see what your competition is doing that are currently ranking in the top 5, take notes and make sure yours reads better than theirs. Its really as simple as that.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
ahh ok thank you so much, I have changed the title and description tag to what you put.

I know the keywords tag is not really used for Google nowdays but I have the following:
computer repairs Basildon, laptop repairs Basildon

Should I change them now the title and description tag has changed?

The one above me is www dot 6pc dot co dot uk

Sorry had to write the url like that as not sure I can post links yet, I have looked at their meta tags and they have the following:

<title>Basildon Computer Repairs</title>
<meta name="description" content="Computer repairs in the Basildon and Laindon Areas,laptop screens and virus removals,slow running all taken care of."/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Basildon Computer repairs, Laindon Computer Repairs"/>

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Nothing wrong with keep meta keywords in with what you currently have, I tend to remove the meta keyword tag completely.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
ok no probs

Thank you again for all your help, will try and get some links built to the site by reading up on it on Google and see what I can pick up. I am on most directories that link to the site

S

SeoDoncaster

Get some social links, add yourself to every biz directory, have a blog... btw. keep updates on your home, an often updated page (with good or at least decent content) positions better than static web.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
I have got Facebook, Twitter and Google+ on the site in the footer of each page and opens the links in a new tab on browsers

I am on most of the business directories and add myself to new ones if I see any. I have a blog and write articles about once a week on there, would you recommend adding a little section for the latest blog articles on the home page?

rnaura

rnaura

Meta Description
Next step is to set the Meta Description for the website each page and post. According to the Googlebot norms, there are the essential rules while building the meta description for the website.
Meta Keywords
As we already discuss the importance of keywords in the SEO. Now it plays also a vital role in SEO optimization. Here you have to add all the sufficient keywords which fit best for the website post or pages.
Meta keywords No more than 10 keyword phrases.

Ayesha Singh

Ayesha Singh

The character limit of the title is 60 to 65 including spaces.
The character limit of the Meta Description is 120 to 158 char including spaces.
So, you have to get help from keyword planner tool and analysis your product related keyword.
You have frame title and meta description from that keyword.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: