By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Question Penalised website or Google sandbox?

didobs

didobs

Hi guys

I have developed my domain name for about 2 years now. I have about 200 linked domains and quality links, but no traffic at all.

It's quite strange that even if I type my brand name all my public profiles in Yelp, Yell, Thomsonloca, Facebook are showing before my website.
Is this something like a sandbox? Any advice?

domain: Proteckcarpetcleaning .com
Thanks in advance

T

Teja123

Definition: The Google sandbox refers to a commonly held belief that Google has a filter that places all new websites under restrictions for a certain amount of time to prevent them from ranking in searches. The idea behind the Google sandbox is that newer websites are not as relevant as older sites, and they are also more likely to be spam. For this reason, they are restricted and allowed to mature before being allowed to rank well, much as a young child is placed to play in a sandbox by his or her caregiver. Although Google will neither confirm nor deny the existence of the sandbox, it is widely accepted as fact.

Miscellaneous Information: Websites can be in the Google sandbox for varying amounts of time, generally six months to a year. It is extremely difficult to avoid having a brand new domain being placed in the sandbox.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
When searching your domain and brandname you are showing up first or second ( similar brand name in the US showing first ). You maybe seeing localised or personalised results.

However ranking for a brandname assumes you are assuming your brand is popular enough to be searched, when searching for localised searches such as "carpet cleaning swindon" you are not in prime positions. This is likely because your backlinks are primarily citation based and have very little diversity from that to rank well in organic listings as well.

I would also recommend taking a good look at your schema markup, it wouldnt surprise me if you are being suppressed for over usage or incorrect usage of local business, service and aggragate ratings.

Also check webmaster tools / search console of any manual actions.

himmatrathore

himmatrathore

In short, there is no sandbox and there is no clue of that.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: