By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Tips on organic traffic for new business

C

Chris1987

Hi everyone,

I've been making websites / affiliate marketing for 6 years but mainly focused on the programming side. I've joined as I've launched a new website and I'm trying to increase my organic traffic!

Looking forward to getting involved and learning much more!

Cheers
Chris

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Welcome to the forum Chris, Feel free to post away any specific questions you have

C

Chris1987

Sorry, I just realised my post count is too low to post links, so I'll just ask here: :)

I'm the owner of a UK personalised gifts website called ItJustGotPersonal It's a WordPress site which also uses Litespeed Cahe, MaxCDN and Cloudflare. I've been creating sites for quite a few years now, mainly affiliate sites but gave this up as it was really difficult to rank and moved onto my personalised gifts store.

In the beginning (November 2017) I did get some organic traffic, but I've seen on so many sites that after a month or two or a new site been launched it dies off, and this is what happened to my site too.

I've now opted for Adwords campaigns and I am seeing some success but overall I'm just about breaking even / minimizing my losses - if I could supplement this with organic traffic and get more sales I should see profit, hopefully!

I've got a membership with SERanking and I'm familiar with some of the online tools like moz etc. but I always prefer discussing with people ways to improve things.

I know content is king, but after that what would you recommend for improving ranking? I also use meta data and rich snippets for all my products.

Cheers
Chris

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Hi Chris,

I assume your site is the .co.uk and not the .com ? ItJustGotPersonal.co.uk ? Organic traffic comes through best when you've got a well rounded marketing plan, so mixing every aspect together and finally getting a sustainable setup.

Transparency, Map packs and local listings

Great looking site, attractive and should give the customer enough confidence. However, as a customer id like to see some transparency here and depending on which SEO/Marketer you speak to many would say that not having a physical address on the site, nor listed in any kind of Google business listing could be hindering your "trust". Likewise with a phone number, user experiences and being able to contact a company easily can have a reasonable say in both converting sales and the level of trust a brand has.

Now, I know exactly why you've opted for it. I and many others have done similar if you are operating from a home office and dropshipping etc. But there are ways around it such as creating a Google Maps/business listing and marking it as a place of which a customer can not visit, therefore Google allow the address to be hidden on the listing.

For £2 a month you can have a VOIP phone number and could have as many numbers as you wish routing through to the same phone line. Many businesses are opting for this now as its more cost effective and allows you to take phone numbers with you should you move locations.

Social Media

I see you've started with social media, keep it going along with relevant tags to appear in trending topics. Be consistent and be human rather than some automated feed pumping tweets out. Usability metrics do matter and brand awareness can be greatly boosted with social interaction.

SEO / Link building / Organic Brand building

The world is at your feet with a niche such as yours, low cost items that can go viral with some clever personalisation. Get out there and offer items to bloggers, instagram influencers and anyone else that will give you a plug in return. Guest posting on popular blogs in many different niches really does work in your niche, if your not knowledgeable about link building then keep it branded and keep it on high quality sites.

PPC / Adwords / Social ads

It will cost a small fortune if you are not optimising your ads, Take note of your searched/clicked phrases, add negative words based on those you can clearly see will never result in a sale. Do this every day until you start seeing better quality results.

I would highly recommend trying Google Merchant center/Google shopping, setting up product feeds for Google shopping is fairly straightforward with wordpress and it can make a huge difference compared to generic adwords campaigns.

With paid social adverts ( facebook etc ), pick your images carefully, take note of professional call to action type images, images that sell a product on their own without someone having to read the advert. Pre-made personalisations help give people an imagination, research latest trends and sayings and capitalise.

Good luck.

C

Chris1987

Thanks, absolutely brilliant information and yeah that's my site!

I never knew you could get a business listing on google and hide the address. My company is registered at a London address (forwarded onto to my personal address) so I'm happy to use this and hide it. I also like the sound of the VOIP option - although currently I run the site as a hobby in my spare time and work full time - so I need to get a few more sales to enable me to make the transition to doing it full time and then I will get a phone line.

In regards to link building, this has always been my weakness. I've read 100's of strategies but have never succeeded. I'm really interested in getting a plug. Would it be as simple of finding a site that reviews products, offering them the change to review one of my items, sending it to them FOC and await the review?

I also list on google merchants and it's where all of my sales have come from in the last month. It's brilliant and I am removing keywords so hopefully I am on the right track with that. Although it can become costly on some items where I make minimal amounts. Do you think it's easier to remove these from the ad? e.g. £0.25 per click and I make £2 on the item, if I don't sell 1 item for every 8 clicks I'm out of pocket.

Thanks again, it was so helpful!

Cheers
Chris

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Yeah when listing on Google Business there is a section which asks :

"I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location "

At the bottom of that option there is:

"I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't checked.)"

If unticked your full address wouldnt be shown on the listing.

VOIP doesnt need a direct line as it operates on any broadband connection, good providers such as voipfone.com can provide you with phone numbers from 0800 to localised area codes for a couple of £ a month, and you can purchase a voip fone for around £50 from them which is already setup with your numbers allocated with an exchange. So its a matter of plug and play, even working full time if you have a number on your website at least people can leave a message and it shows some kind of transparency that you are a tangible business.

Link building for you should be fairly straight forward, Id focus on popular ( not famous ) but people who blog but have large following. Offer them a product and ask them to write about it with pictures and linking back to your brand etc, get the right people with the right following and that can generate a large amount of sales alone. But with added benefit that they are linking to your site and increasing your authority.

Guest posting in general you could also pay small sums to post promotional articles and reviews, paying £30 to post on a well respected blog about your product or business is a drop in the water if it helps build that brand long term. Just be mindful of how much you do, you don't need hundreds of thousands of links to make a difference, just good quality, well placed, diverse linkbacks.

It doesnt need to be complicated, you just need to remember every thing you do is a reflection of your brand so quality matters.

C

Chris1987

That's great information! I'll get searching for bloggers and a VOIP phone now :)

Cheers
Chris

C

Chris1987

I just wondered do you do consulting too? It would be great to spend an hour discussing the above/

Cheers
Chris

Daniel Dixon

Daniel Dixon

Great question I would like to suggest on your website. I will share some several tips.

SEO- it is the most important part of the website.

On Page Activity
  • Meta Tags
  • Canonical tags
  • Content Optimization
  • Image Optimization
  • XML/HTML Sitemap
  • Robot.txt file
Off Page Activity
  • Content Re-Purposing
  • Build Backlink using Forum
  • Social Sharing
  • Web 2.0
  • Social Bookmarking
  • Comment on Do-Follow article
  • PR Submission
  • Article Submission
I have used the above strategy on my website

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jit90

Hi everyone,

I've been making websites / affiliate marketing for 6 years but mainly focused on the programming side. I've joined as I've launched a new website and I'm trying to increase my organic traffic!

Cheers
Chris
Social media platforms are the best option for getting instant result and targeted traffic for affiliate products. So start with them.

R

rachana

Best way to increase the organic traffic of your website is to publish quality and relevant content on your blog regularly.

hilleug61

hilleug61

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Chris

UX:
Most importantly develop your site into such an user experience (UX) that people keep revisiting your site. 'Revisiting users' is what you need! People LOVE great user interfaces and they love even more when the interfaces are user friendly.

SMM (Social media marketing):
Use paid marketing on social media sites. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter!

SEO & SEM (Search Engine Optimization and Marketing):
SEO is a long process which requires patience, but if you are in desperate need of traffic then should use SEM instead. Use it smartly though!

EthanR

EthanR

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris,
If you want to increase your organic traffic either go for PPC or SEO. SEO is best which I would suggest for you. Go for ON page and OFf Optimization. And local business listing.

jack006

jack006

Hi Chris,
If you want to increase your organic traffic either go for PPC or SEO. SEO is best which I would suggest for you. Go for ON page and OFf Optimization. And local business listing.
he did ask specifically for organic traffic

hilleug61

hilleug61

Great question I would like to suggest on your website. I will share some several tips.

SEO- it is the most important part of the website.

On Page Activity
  • Meta Tags
  • Canonical tags
  • Content Optimization
  • Image Optimization
  • XML/HTML Sitemap
  • Robot.txt file
Off Page Activity
  • Content Re-Purposing
  • Build Backlink using Forum
  • Social Sharing
  • Web 2.0
  • Social Bookmarking
  • Comment on Do-Follow article
  • PR Submission
  • Article Submission
I have used the above strategy on my website

I agree with what Daniel has said!

Bradwell

Bradwell

I think you should be careful with links when you just start

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: