By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

tools for seo analysis

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Hi

I am seeing what else can be done to improve local SEO and seeing what online seo analysis tools are best to see what I can improve. I have got local seo pages created such as computer-repair-basildon and laptop-repairs-basildon and it-support-basildon. My website is https://www.it-doneright.co.uk

Is there any suggestions as to anything I can do on them pages to improve the local SEO or any offline SEO tips to do or if I have made any mistakes regarding on site SEO on them pages

Thank you in advance

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
I can't see any your local landing pages in any form of navigation ? Are you linking to your local landing pages around the site ? your internal linking within text and navigational hierarchy could do with some improvement.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
The only place I have the local seo pages linked internally are in my sitemap and a couple linked from some of my blog posts and got one link from the home page to one of them and also

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
The only place I have the local seo pages linked internally are in my sitemap and a couple linked from some of my blog posts and got one link from the home page to one of them and also

I would encourage you to make them more apparent, if they are not easily accessible to users and are effectively "orphaned" then Google won't put much weight into them either. It's fairly straight forward to create sections on some of your pages such as "areas we cover" and link to those local landing pages. It improves internal linking and shows that there is some importance to these pages.

seoptimer is a basic tool, Id recommend checking out sitebulb.com for a good indepth technical audit and also SEMrush site audit ( you can do one free with a new account )

There is no single tool or place you will get a full picture of a site, use every resource possible to get a rounded idea of possible improvements.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Ahh ok, what's the best way to make them more apparent, do you mean make the links stand out more rather than just a text link?

I like the idea of the areas we cover idea, is it best to add that onto my home page and all the services pages?

Thank you for the sitebulb and SEMrush links, I'll take a look at them now and sign up

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
It would depend on how important you feel the local landing pages are to your visitors and your strategy, I would say on your core services pages making them look a natural part of the page would be most effective but if you feel they could be of relevance on the homepage, where they would be considered to be of direct importance then go for it.

I would also mix it up, not linking to all of the local landing pages on each section you create, but selecting a handful of related ones across pages, also adding other areas to the local landing pages which are in close proximity. Eventually creating a well represented internal linking structure that promotes your local landing pages but is useful for users as well.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
It would depend on how important you feel the local landing pages are to your visitors and your strategy, I would say on your core services pages making them look a natural part of the page would be most effective but if you feel they could be of relevance on the homepage, where they would be considered to be of direct importance then go for it.

I would also mix it up, not linking to all of the local landing pages on each section you create, but selecting a handful of related ones across pages, also adding other areas to the local landing pages which are in close proximity. Eventually creating a well represented internal linking structure that promotes your local landing pages but is useful for users as well.

I have added the areas I cover on the home page and have followed your advice by mixing it up and not linking to all the local landing pages I have and I have created other areas that are really close and local to me for the local landing pages and added different links on some services pages for example on my virus-removal page I have created added the link to my virus-removal-basildon page and done the same for laptop-screen-replacements page linked to laptop-screen-replacements-basildon under the areas we cover section. Hope this will work, understand it will take bit of time for Google to pick up the changes and the SEO start working for these changes.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Quick question, is it worth adding the areas we cover section/links from some related blog articles to the local landing pages, for example I got a article about viruses/security, is it worth adding my areas we cover section to the bottom of the blog article to my virus-removal-basildon page?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Absolutely, If it helps the user then and its an excuse to internally link then its worth doing. Just remember that local landing pages should be completely unique, use a site like siteliner.com to get your duplicate content scores for each page. Ideally they should be less than 30% but i always try and have as much local unique content as possible, so I typically aim for 20% of below.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Thank you appreciate the link and the advice/help really appreciate it. I'll link to some local landing pages from the blog articles that are relevant to the blog articles

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
Just a quick one

I have just changed the page title, meta keyword, h1 tag and text content on my home page as it was the same as one of the local SEO pages and thought it would confuse Google on which one to rank, is that the right thing to do?

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
I am getting bit confused by this local SEO stuff. I am on Facebook in a SEO group and they are telling me that I should not have pages like computer-repair-basildon, computer-repair-laindon, computer-repairs-langdon-hills and virus-removal-basildon as it's not a good idea for Google. They are saying I should just have the have 1 well optimised page and site with consistent NAP etc and that a consistent NAP shows search engines you're in that area and an optimised site, social profiles all showing 'you're THAT company best suited to that keyword will get you up there.

Then another guy commented saying he has done a few different local SEO pages and changed it for different locations like I have and he said it has worked quite well for him.

I am confused on what to do. Reading this local SEO guide, it says to create local SEO pages for towns like I have done: https://ahrefs.com/blog/local-seo/

Last edited:
jacobdeen

jacobdeen

We find AHRefs is a great tool, gives you a great understanding of the backlinks. Otherwise SEMRush is always useful at identifying keywords.

I

ianhaney

Established Memeber
It does seem a good tool as going through it now, I have just got up to a bit where it's talking about local SEO page structure and it says the following

Stick to making landing pages for a handful of relevant nearby locations that actually make sense for your business. E.g.,
  • domainame.co.uk/chesterfield
  • domainname.co.uk/derbyshire
  • domainname.co.uk/peak‐district
The below structure works well for europcar as they rank well using that structure for car hire London
or
www.domainname.co.uk/locations/united-kingdom/london

What way is a better structure to have than computer-repair-basildon etc. as thought it was good to have the targeted keyword in the url hence doing it as computer-repair-basildon, computer-repair-laindon etc. I have only done 5 local SEO pages like that and the other I done is virus-removal-basildon

M

mallikarjuna

There are different tools are there for seo analysis those are
1.Ahref
2.Semrush
3.Ubersuggest
4.Search Console
5.Google Analytics & etc

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: