By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What hosting companies would you NOT recommend?

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
What hosting companies would you not recommend anybody use and why?

The main two I would strongly suggest you don't use are hostgator and sharkhost based on my experiences with them. Hostgator is quick to suspend and sharkhost is never up.

Shortie861

Shortie861

I can't say I have come across a bad host in a while myself however back when I first started out I used GoDaddy which I at first thought was a great host but then the problems started, bad customer support and really poor uptime. I am not too sure if this is still the case now but from that poor experience I wouldn't go back to them and use them as a host.

Beverly

Beverly

For awhile I had a personal grudge against my current host provider cause of their slow reaction to billing dispute that nearly shut down my forum. But it's been awhile so I'm all good now. I can't think of any specific company I'd say to avoid. Probably one that offers too limited of bandwidth for traffic or has lots of down time.

SeanFace101

SeanFace101

I would never use GoDaddy hosting to host my website. I wouldnt mind using them to register domain names if i didnt use 123-Reg, but not for hosting. I recommend HostGator for hosting.

SEO Powersuite Banner

Latest posts

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: