By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What is the difference between a dofollow and nofollow?

W

whitevoxcompany

Hello everyone,

can you guide me on this and how are they used?

plus if you can share some active website names where easily we can create a link.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions

mecion

mecion

Nofollow links are less valuable than dofollow links, but have been shown to improve SERP position by multiple case studies .When working with user content, nofollow links can, in some contexts, deter spambots. Although there are other ways of doing so

onebasemedia

onebasemedia

A Nofollow link does not count as a point in the page favor. This type of link does not boost page rank and does not help to page placement in SERP.

Dofollow Link passes a credit and they definitely help the website, in order to achieve ranking in SERP.

N

Neetha

In search engine optimization noindex, doindex, nofollow, dofollow, meta robots and so on are some of the common words, but some are still confused about these words even though they are important in SEO.

Nofollow is used to instruct search engines not to index that page or URL in search engine. Nofollow links are links with a rel=”nofollow”. The nofollow tag tells search engines to ignore that link. From this, the Dofollow is just opposite of Nofollow. In Dofollow links help your search engine rankings.

Please do contact if you need ,more information is needed:+917593843002 /+61 449955626/ or else just mail to my mail id info@quinoid.com

Attachments

Happy Koala

Happy Koala

do follow links generally pass on more link juice compared to no follow.

think of it as if you came to me with a problem and i can send you to

1. Joe who i have dealt with for years and he is great and can solve your problem
2. Paul who i know has a solution to your problem but i don't really know him so i don't what he is like

that is the difference between do follow and no follow

so Google treats it the same way, if a website gives you a Joe link then the website is saying i put my full faith in this website they are a good source and a trusted website.

Compared to a Paul link where the website is saying these guys have an answer but i can't really vouch for them completely.

M

markjacobs

The answer is quite simple Dofollow links always pass SEO Juice but Nofollow links do not pass SEO Juice.

R

RH-Calvin

Do follow and no follow are link attributes and contain instructions for search engine robots. Do follow links are crawled and indexed in search engines whereas no follow links are never crawled and indexed in search engines.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: