• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

    Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.


    Join 50,000 members!

What type of backlinks neede to rank my tech news website locally?

N

nanaymoko

New Member
So I have a Philippines tech news website and I want to rank it number 1 specifically in my country. What type of backlinks do I need to buy or get?
 
searchenginescope

searchenginescope

New Member
So I have a Philippines tech news website and I want to rank it number 1 specifically in my country. What type of backlinks do I need to buy or get?
you don't need to buy but earn backlinks from authoritative sites. I can help you for the same.
 
N

nar.deftsoft

New Member
So I have a Philippines tech news website and I want to rank it number 1 specifically in my country. What type of backlinks do I need to buy or get?
Don’t buy generic links. For a PH tech news site, focus on local relevance: PH tech blogs, media mentions, startup features, and branded links from real sites with traffic. If a Filipino reader wouldn’t trust the source, Google won’t either.
 
kadjira

kadjira

New Member
I'd focus on getting links from local tech blogs and news sites that real Filipino readers trust. That beats buying generic links.
 
DaleDawsan

DaleDawsan

New Member
Established Memeber
Skip buying generic links. I focus on earning mentions from Philippine tech blogs and media outlets. For a more structured approach to organic growth, I've relied on best saas seo agency to refine my link-building efforts and attract the right audience. Their insights helped me prioritize local relevance over cheap links.
 
JunioSEO

JunioSEO

New Member
For a local tech news website, I’d focus less on getting a large number of generic backlinks and more on earning links from websites that are actually relevant to your location, technology niche, and audience.

Some useful backlink opportunities include:
  • Local business and technology directories
  • Regional news websites and community publications
  • Local tech organizations, universities, and startup communities
  • Interviews, expert contributions, and local technology stories
  • Relevant industry forums and discussion communities
  • Local event, conference, and meetup pages
  • Citations and publisher profiles with consistent business information
  • Links from websites covering software, AI, startups, gadgets, or digital technology
For a tech publication, another useful approach is creating genuinely useful resources that other publishers can reference. For example, if an article discusses percentages, statistics, pricing changes, or data analysis, linking readers to a relevant online calculation tool can make sense as a supporting resource rather than a promotional link.

For example, a percentage-related technology or data article could naturally reference:

dailytoolkit.app

The main thing is to make the link useful to the reader and contextually related to the article. I would also avoid building hundreds of low-quality directory or forum links just for quantity. A smaller number of relevant local and industry links can provide a much more natural backlink profile.
 
Business SEO Services Business SEO services UK

Latest Products

Join the UK's SEO community

Ask about a ranking drop, share a test result, get a second opinion on a link. Membership is free and takes a minute.

Create a free account
Top