By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Wordpress Vs Blogger

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.
Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

WordPress beats them all! The number of plugins they have available is unbelievable.

StevenF50

StevenF50

Yes wordpress it my favourite because it has more features,plugins and themes.

S

Shix

WordPress, I used it on my first blog, so many plugins, themes, etc.

T

Tindris

Wordpress without a doubt, there is so much more that can be done with it

T

Tindris

Very true, I prefer using my own host, even if google is pretty trustworthy

I

isuit21

Wordpress definitely beats blogger, because it is more customizable and may even be transformed into various types of websites. A friend of mine has recently made his own game review website with wordpress.

S

Shole

I used both and i prefer wordpress, it has more plugins and it just looks better, also its easier for me to make and administrate a wp blog .

tyrahnic

tyrahnic

I use blogger sort of like I use tumblr, google plus, wordpress.com and a raft of other self-hosted blogging platforms... but

All my 'real' sites are self-hosted wordpress.org sites. My favorite theme is thesis, and I'm a big fan of all the extra special plugins I've been finding at codecanyon - I recommend you go there and browse the paid plugins for wordpress - be sure to sort them so you can see what plugins have sold the most... several of the top sellers have become absolute MUST-HAVE plugins for every site I manage.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Blogger has such a rigid, cookie-cutter design that can only be marginally customized. I think it's fine for personal blogs, but I would never use it for a company web site.

Jessi

Jessi

It usually comes down to preference.

For me, I prefer Blogger. I have used both and I just like it better. Plus, I get free hosting. I can still customize it to whatever theme I want and there's rarely something I feel like I'm 'missing' by not using a self-hosted Wordpress blog instead.

jpvonline

jpvonline

Blogger is much easier to use in my opinion. I personally don't like using wordpress. When I first used it a few years ago it was to complicated and just put a spin in my mind. Blogger was easy to edit and easier to get traffic to.

Though I do agree, wordpress allows more plugins and adjustments comparing to blogger.

A

afh

Wordpress- I need to host my own stuff. I need access to my databases. I need to be able to manage my own backups.

Tara

Tara

I prefer WordPress because I can host it on my own site. I'm also more familiar with it too. Blogger does have an easy platform and WordPress does have a learning curve, but WordPress has the edge for me.

Caliber

Caliber

Wordpress is so much better than Blogger. Blogger's only strength is that it's really easy to use if you are a beginner to the world of blogging. But as an experienced user, I can say that Wordpress makes my life a lot more easier than the times I was using Blogger. There are thousands of plugins you can use to improve your Wordpress experience which will take some significant workload off you since the plugins will be handling them.

If you are an experienced user, I don't see a reason to prefer Blogger over Wordpress in any way.

Canadian Lover

Canadian Lover

I have never used WordPress but I have used Blogger. I find Blogger a simple blog with a little bit of customization. I guess it's usable f you just need for simple information. I am interested in what people have said about WordPress and I might give that a try the next time I set up a blog.

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: