By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Disavow Bad Links

• Thread starter carpetcleaningdublin
  • Start date
carpetcleaningdublin

carpetcleaningdublin

Hi

Anyone had bad experiences with disavowing bad links?

I notice bad links appearing out of nowhere. I did not post it but i find my website listed all over the world. I cant remove this links manual because i did not have access to those blogs and websites & asking the website owners to remove it is a waste of time.

I thought the google disavow program was created to sort out this issues? But many people think that it can affect your rankings big time. I can`t understand why. I am getting rid of unatural links posted by other people

Any opinions?

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
Yes, these unwanted “Back”links are really “Bad”links. Don’t worry; there are some ways to remove those links. Check out the following ways:
  • The first step is to contact the owner of the linking websites and request them to remove your links. This process is not that much helpful. Many website owners will refuse or ignore your request. If you find this is the case, you should proceed to disavow the links.
  • Create a disavow file in a simple text document that would contain all the links targeting your domain that you don’t want. If you find any “No-follow” link, then you don’t have to disavow them.
  • After creating a disavow file, you should submit it to the Google Disavowal Tool.
After you disavow a link, search engines will mark your link as “No-Follow”, and they will no longer affect your website. Try out this process and let me know the results.

carpetcleaningdublin

carpetcleaningdublin

Thank you for that. I did disavow links before and it worked very well but most SEO companies recommend to dont do it. I think the damage created by the bad links is worst by any other issue google might have with it

Thank you for your amazing reply

Carpet Cleaning Dublin

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
It massively depends on the links and the site in question, in some instances it's best not to disavow as you can just as easily disavow links which are actually helping your diveristy. While Googles algorythm will also be discounting links which it considers poor or not related anyway.

At the same time, if the are clear spam links, possibly a manual penalty etc then a disavow could help. But still it's not something anyone should be doing unless they totally understand their backlink profile and the consiquences of what they are doing.

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
Hi

Anyone had bad experiences with disavowing bad links?

I notice bad links appearing out of nowhere. I did not post it but i find my website listed all over the world. I cant remove this links manual because i did not have access to those blogs and websites & asking the website owners to remove it is a waste of time.

I thought the google disavow program was created to sort out this issues? But many people think that it can affect your rankings big time. I can`t understand why. I am getting rid of unatural links posted by other people

Any opinions?
I would suggest you going with SEMRush. It is a highly sophisticated software that can help you with your problems. I personally use this for my own site.

windocleaningdublin

windocleaningdublin

Semrush all the way

Easy
Fast
Cheap
All you need is access to google console. ]

It takes about 3 weeks for google to disavow a link

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: