By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Do you buy backlinks?

memento_mori

memento_mori

Do you ever buy backlinks for your website? If so how often do you do it, and (optional question) how much have you invested so far?

deansaliba

deansaliba

I have never bought backlinks for my blogs, simply because I'm too cheap to pay for them. But I have sold a heck of a lot of backlinks over the years, I was selling backlinks on a PR5 blog of mine for $100 a year which were very popular but I had to cut down on how many I sold and had to turn a lot of money away.

A

afh

I bought a few link wheels and pyramid gigs through fiverr, but they proved to be a waste of money. It's another case of quality winning over quantity, and the quality of the links was so bad that they'd usually have a negative result on my rankings.

Total investment - not much, probably about $50 across 4 or 5 sites.

Tara

Tara

I have never purchased backlinks for my blog. I just do them manually. This turned out to be a wise decision because my blog moved up during the Google "corrections."

jpvonline

jpvonline

Buying backlinks is a HUGE risk.
It increases the chance of your site being removed or lowered from google ranks for lack of quality.
I definitely do not recommend it.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

I bought one backlink many moons ago, and I could have gotten it for free, lol. The site is gone now but back then (4 years ago?) it was listed on a popular link selling service. I found an article on the site by looking up the short snippet in Google and then I noticed they had a forum too but that the forum pages weren't available on the link selling service.

I contacted the directly and asked about being mentioned on the index page of the forum and he offered a lifetime spot for $20. I took it. Needless to say I never saw traffic from it and the site was gone less than 6 months later. I wouldn't risk paying for a link again.

N

neoflip

No, i didn't! i mostly prefer to do my my ownself.
i spend only in Hosting, that's all.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Perhaps the thread should have been asking if you build backlinks at all, paid or not.

Lately a new site, even of exceptional quality, doesn't seem to gain traction without substantlial backlinks (quality, not quantity, and dedinitely not what you find on Fiverr).

invisibled

invisibled

I do regularly outsource backlinking, but it's a very risky thing to do.
Last year i hired someone to create some backlinks for one of my new project. They used link farming websites, spamming tools and other blasting posts to create backlinks. My website was penalized.

Now i have found a SEO company that i trust and have been using for a while. My new projects go to them.

Jessi

Jessi

I definitely don't.

For starters, I don't have the disposable income for that. And even if I did, I don't think I would want to invest in fake backlinks. That's really not my style.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Agreed Jessi, nobody can really afford to pay for links when you may be doing more harm than good anyway.

If you want to waste your money at least get something of value for it, a backlink won't keep you fed, entertained or warm at night :)

bauss

bauss

I've never bought any backlinks, because I can't afford it, and it would be a waste of money for me only to buy a few quality links at this point since it wouldn't help very much with my rankings.

I plan on buying a lot of backlinks in the future, once I have a bigger budget for my internet marketing ventures.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Really Bauss? From where? And are you going to pay monthly on those?

I do have one experience with backlink buying and I wasn't the buyer. I was approached by someone wanting to buy a link on a specific page with specific anchor text and though I declined the buyer surprised me a great deal. I won't mention names but it was one of the biggest and most well respected SEO sites online, for one of their clients.

invisibled

invisibled

There are so many people offering backlinks for cheap, and I think those links can be helpful for your web 2.0 pointing to your main website.

I have done that in the past.

unbel

unbel

Purchasing backlinks is all about quality. DO NOT buy cheap backlinks unless you understand what you are doing. Also, stay away from Fiverr, they do not provide the best quality. Seoclerks and BHW has the best backlinking services in my opinion.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

I have bought them in the past, but not recently. I prefer natural building.

M

moneyman

In my opinion buying backlinks is money consuming. You don't know what you are getting and mostly link providers are lazy to offer high quality link and will just automate the process and generate thousands of worthless link farms. I have bought links a several times and you can't get quality links cheaply. Building thousands of quality links to beat your competitors would need an investment worth of hundreds of dollars.

Caliber

Caliber

I don't really trust the concept of buying backlinks as I had friends who ruined their rank because of bad backlinks. It also feels like a money sink to me since I can actually build them myself. That way, I feel more safe and I also keep my money in my pocket. I'd recommend learning to build backlinks instead of buying them as it will really benefit you in the long run.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: