By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Google Penalty?

K

kennington71

Hi All,

I've been sending out free product samples for bloggers to review my products, to try to get our business name out there.
  • I thought asking bloggers for a review would be fine, as long as I'm not asking for a link. I see google's exact words on link schemes include "Sending someone a free product in exchange for them writing it and including a link"
  • I've also seen a Google article which seems to put the onus on bloggers to ensure the links are a no-follow and articles are marked as gifted
Do you think I am likely to be penalised by Google for sending products out for review? The bloggers are linking back to me, but I'm not specifically asking for links, just a review.

I'm totally confused and worried that all the work i've done will actually negatively affect my website!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
Did you check the latest google algorithm update on “product reviews update”. It’s not a penalty but this update rewards top quality and original product review content, above thinner ones. In this case, google is giving priority to the original ones.

S

Scorebetting

I don't see any reason why you would be penalized.

marketerrakib

marketerrakib

When Google doesn't like your website to keep on their search results. Because of your spamming

shamu424

shamu424

A sanction from Google is reflected in a negative impact on the search ranking of a website because it does not comply with the updates of Google algorithms and / or manual review. The penalty can be a byproduct of an algorithm update or an intentional penalty at the hands of the negative SEO / Black Hat SEO.

shamu424

shamu424

A Google Penalty is a negative effect inflicted on a website's rankings based on updates made to Google’s search algorithms. Penalties can be the result of an algorithm update or suspicion of black-hat SEO tactics such as suspicious links or keyword-stuffing.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: