By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Google+ Profile and Your Rankings

invisibled

invisibled

Hey guys,

How many of you link your Google+ profile to your websites? And does it help with the rankings at all?
Please share what you have found and any tips are welcome. Thanks.

Canadian Lover

Canadian Lover

I hsve not fully established my Google+ account but as far as I'm aware it's just another social networking site. You can definitely promote your website better by networking with likkminded people and share content such as photos with each other and you're sure to get more visits to your website will over time improve your Google PageRank.

Viktori

Viktori

I have a Google+ for my blog, and I used it just because it was automatically provided for me when I signed up for Blogger. I'm not too sure on exactly how it helps my blog's standing with Google, but I do use it to promote, and it has worked for me so far in that aspect. I also heard that sharing your articles through G+ is supposed to help, so I mostly just do that.

thevirtualtraveler

thevirtualtraveler

I use it but I am not sure if it helps my rankings. What I do know is that Google likes it because it is done by Google so if Google likes it than I don't see why you wouldn't want to be doing it!

NicheGuy

NicheGuy

I use use several social sites link up with icon on each of my 14 niche content marketing sites - Google +, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumleUpon, Twitter and an RSS Feed subscription.

Hands down my interactions and pluses vs. likes is no contest - Google + exceeds FB 100-1. As far as gaining link juice it's superior. Post to your pages and use authorship and you will get results and from an SEO perspective its better than the rest.

After Page Authority, a URL's number of Google +1s is more highly correlated with search rankings than any other factor. In fact, the correlation of Google +1s beat out other well known metrics including linking root domains, Facebook shares, and even keyword usage.

Can Google+ activity actually help your pages rank higher?
  1. Google pages/posts are crawled and indexed almost immediately. Unlike Facebook, which hides data from Google, or Twitter, which directs Google not to follow most of its links, Google+ data is immediately and fully accessible to the company that built it.
  2. Pages and posts on Google+ not only accumulate PageRank, but because links to posts are followed, they pass link equity on as well.
  3. Google + is optimized for semantic relevance. Unlike Facebook or Twitter, each post you make in Google+ has most of the characteristics of a full-blown blog posting.
  4. Because of these factors, each post has the potential to send strong semantic signals to Google's search algorithm. This not only helps the post itself to rank in Google's search results, but potentially sends relevancy signals to a URL shared by the post.
  5. Many publishers have added Google+ authorship information to their websites in order for author photos to appear in Google search results. Another hope is that someday Google will use authorship information (and perhaps publisher information) connected to Google+ accounts to actually rank websites. While there is no evidence that Google uses anything like Author Rank at the moment, many believe it will be here very soon.
Summary:
  • Start building relationships now on Google+
  • Post share-worthy content on Google+ to attract natural links
  • Add Google authorship information to your online content
  • Link out to all relevant profiles from your Google+ "About" page
  • Take advantage of rel="publisher" by connecting your website to your Google+ brand page
  • Make your content easy to share on Google+ with relevant social sharing buttons
  • Completely fill out your Google+ profile with relevant and engaging information
  • Make it easy for people to add you to your circles
  • Make your posts public

Sugarhill

Sugarhill

Niche, I haven't kept up with the rule changes, has Google allowed for company or alias Google+ accounts? I'd rather have a Google+ page for the actual site versus my name.

Trista

Trista

NicheGuy thank you so much for the detailed overview of Google+ -- it's very helpful. I was not aware of all of the many SEO benefits and potential benefits.

1. Many publishers have added Google+ authorship information to their websites in order for author photos to appear in Google search results. Another hope is that someday Google will use authorship information (and perhaps publisher information) connected to Google+ accounts to actually rank websites. While there is no evidence that Google uses anything like Author Rank at the moment, many believe it will be here very soon.

Yes, I have been using Google Authorship with a couple of my blogs and so my info shows up in the SERPs. It definitely makes the listing stand out among others and so from that standpoint it helps serve to get more visitors. I'm very happy about the program overall as it does give bloggers and writers another opportunity to establish authority.

I'll be curious to see if Google does go forward with Author Rank. I think it would be great if they do.

ViperDove

ViperDove

I just did mine few days ago, so I've not noticed any increment in ranking. I believe that in the future, Google will be placing more weight on it. I'll encourage every webmaster to link up their site.

NicheGuy

NicheGuy

ViporDove - ranking doesn't appear changed in a few days, this could take months. Everything in the ranking world and page authority world is affected by many things and something like authorship is for the future, it won't change anything currently. But better to be prepared with tools from Google that can directly influence your site(s) in a positive manner.

Dahlia02

Dahlia02

I have a Google+ for my blog, and I used it just because it was automatically provided for me when I signed up for Blogger. I'm not too sure on exactly how it helps my blog's standing with Google, but I do use it to promote, and it has worked for me so far in that aspect. I also heard that sharing your articles through G+ is supposed to help, so I mostly just do that.

That's promising to read. I started a Blogger site a few days ago and got around to using Google+ just yesterday. I've used it before, but that was under my personal gmail account and it seemed so barren at the time. But I'm giving it another shot.

danealegana

danealegana

Since I added Google Authorship to some of my sites, I actually have increase user integration. Its not just SEO but if a certain visitor sees your profile on your written article it somehow gains trust in them because it shows that you are real and you arent afraid to show who you really are.

And with your face showing up on the search result is so beautiful! :)

MorgUK

MorgUK

It doesn't help with directly with ranking IMO, it just helps with CTR. But I do think increased CTR overtime can increase rankings. So I guess you could say it can increase ranking.

S

semaphore.v

Google plus is very good social networking site and it is also beneficial for promotion of your websites and blogs.

webxerossolutions

webxerossolutions

Unfortunately, Google Plus is shutting down from April 2nd, 2019. So there are no benefits of Google plus profiles.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: