By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How did you learn to code?

StevenF50

StevenF50

How did you learn to code? I learnt by reading books and using websites to help me learn.

Dean

Dean

I started by messing around with a phpbb2 forum in the template files and sorta went from there :)

A

Austin

Messed around starting on Forumotion, now I'm pretty fluent with it.

StevenF50

StevenF50

I messed around with forumotion a bit, I made a pretty nice theme with it.

A

Austin

Yeah, there theming system is fairly easy to use and create something. I never saw anything outstanding done with them though.

StevenF50

StevenF50

Yeah, what about the design at that forum that cody and that guy who made mint forumotion themes did, can't remember what it was called now.

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

YouTube tutorials and two amazing tutors. Both of which you'll all know. :p

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

Definitely! I tried W3Schools and all that rubbish, but they wrote their tutorials in a language that I didn't even understand. :LOL: "Add the selector to the CSS and add the following attribute". That kinda stuff. As a beginner, I didn't know what any of it meant. YouTube tutorials explained everything in plain ol' English. I understood every word with no problem.

StevenF50

StevenF50

I'll have to try out watching youtube tutorials then, anyone suggestions of which ones to use?

A

Austin

If your looking for some tuts on a variety of things, TutsPlus is highly recommend by me.

StevenF50

StevenF50

Books certainly do help. I've got two books. One for php, one for javascript.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: