By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How did you learn to code?

T

Tindris

I have one from the Wrox series, a book called CSS mastery which is brilliant and a book about PHP which is published by O'reilly. The PHP book only covers website PHP, not plugin PHP which is a shame

StevenF50

StevenF50

Yeah it doesn't have what I want though. I couldn't really develop a site in php from what it tells me, I could just improve my site with it.

T

Tindris

Hmm, I have never had any issues. It has really helped me, but that may be because I have worked with PHP before

T

Tindris

Maybe that is the difference then, most books require you to have some sort of understanding before you start

StevenF50

StevenF50

Well the javascript book I got taught me javascript from scratch.

StevenF50

StevenF50

JavaScript for the world wide web by tom negrino and dori smith.

D

Darthmaul

Why get books? My web design teacher has the same opinion as me: As soon as the book is published and out for a month or two, they will have to update it! Just a waste IMHO.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: