By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Using Ebooks to prromote your site?

Jimmy

Jimmy

SEOTalk Guru
Do you release ebooks on your site? Has it helped increase traffic?

I think I will implement this when I next open a website

E

edwardkingston

No chance, only 10% of visitors open ebook. they don't have time to see your whole content.

O

onilnebusinessgal

I have not used ebooks to this point. I know some business men and women who have done so and said that it brought them success. I do not know how many people read through the ebooks though.

ViperDove

ViperDove

I have used ebooks to promote my site but the visitors have to subscribe before they get the ebook. I don't know how to track visitors from ebooks but at least, I have gotten some visitors to my site through the emails I send to them.

Tara

Tara

I have used an ebook or special report to build a list on my blog. It's very effective. I know that people read my ebook because I get great feedback on it.

A

afh

Yip. I've got 2 sets out at the moment. You're welcome to check them out:

6 FREE reports for you.
Learn How To Dominate Any Niche Market

They both ask for an email subscription, and these are then added to my main list of opportunity seekers.
It works well, but you need to be able to market your ebook give-aways like this, or else they have no use.

I mostly put these type of things up on link exchanges and cheaper traffic sources. This type of traffic only goes for free offers.

bauss

bauss

No I don't. I rather publish content on my site, instead of release it in a ebook so I can gain search engine traffic from my content.

jpvonline

jpvonline

eBooks do succeed in high traffic forums, purely because more members are available to view it. I highly recommend building your forum, low traffic sites won't get the traffic from eBooks than what more reputable/built forums will get. It actually creates something for the members to look forward to if you have an active newsletter containing useful eBooks that can help your users.

Useless, free eBooks that are just downloaded and sent to your users will decrease traffic and drive away users.

Write quality eBooks, ones that members will look forward to viewing and benefit everyone. Get them to subscribe to newsletters and before you know it, you'll have a huge fan base eager for new content.

A

afh

I met up with Tom Hua a while back, and he was telling us about an ebook that he released several years ago. It was a simple manual which explained how to create and list a ClickBank product. He's still getting traffic from it today and it's been out there for something like 10 or 12 years.

deansaliba

deansaliba

I have never done this because I didn't believe I could write an eBook that anybody would want. What I did instead was create a page on my blog full of helpful links to sites I use to make money and then offer people access to it in exchange for their email address. :)

Tara

Tara

I met up with Tom Hua a while back, and he was telling us about an ebook that he released several years ago. It was a simple manual which explained how to create and list a ClickBank product. He's still getting traffic from it today and it's been out there for something like 10 or 12 years.

That's because new people are coming online everyday looking for that information. Evergreen information is timeless. This post has given me some great ideas.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: