By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What do use Pinterest for?

winnifred

winnifred

I must admit that I love Pinterest. I love the visuals and pictures. I have a Pinterest page that I use for SEO, but I only have 1 follower. So I think Pinterest is not for me. Does anyone here use Pinterest for SEO. What suggestions do you have?

vida_llevares

vida_llevares

More for marketing. Not really for SEO. Just my own point of view.

Viktori

Viktori

I agree with vida_llevares. I'm not an SEO expert, but it seems like it would be geared more towards marketing because it makes use mostly of pictures rather than words and keywords. I mainly use it for personal enjoyment, and I just choose to use other methods to market my products since I find Pinterest very fun that I would rather just keep using it for recreation rather than for business.

Nymph

Nymph

Despite some opinions, Pinterest can be a wonderful marketing platform if you have tempting and appealing pictures to go with what you offer. For instance, I've heard of affiliate marketers in the money-making niche attaching dollar signs to their sites, products, etc. and it works quite well. You never know unless you try and experiment.

ozadin

ozadin

I think Pinterest is good if you are advertising, or promoting your photography/picture site. Pinterest is the ideal place to share pictures to people, and there's a good chance yours may go viral. People will start pinning your pictures, want to see more, and you can send them to your website if they are interested. I really have never used Pinterest, but I would believe that they have a tab where you can write something whether it's an 'About Me' or 'Status Message'. On there, you can most likely paste your website link containing pictures.

sardonicone

sardonicone

I can see it being good for marketing, but not quite sure how you could use it for SEO. I agree with it being an
interesting site, tough. The funny thing is when everyone started talking about it I did all I could to resist it.

I probably should stop acting like I'm 80 years old.

CodeMaster

CodeMaster

Community Team
I use pinterest for marketing mainly. Maybe there will be a effective may for it to be used for seo sardonicone

sardonicone

sardonicone

I use pinterest for marketing mainly. Maybe there will be a effective may for it to be used for seo sardonicone

Right - I'm always open to new ideas and thinking "outside the box" for ways to do things. Perhaps there is an effective way to utilize it for SEO. I just don't see it yet. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong as it would be a nice boost for all of us.

CodeMaster

CodeMaster

Community Team
I hope you'll do an ebook on it as soon as you get the method down, of course I'll be trying to find an effective strategy.

Brad

Brad

Administrator
I use Pinterest once in a full moon, when I do use it it's just browsing.

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

I am yet to be active on Pinterest, although I have an account with them.

If I ever use it, it will be for promoting my websites.

B

bsge11

I have an account with pinterest myself, but have never really used it. It is true though that a lot of people do marketing with it. I think I will consider doing some marketing on it myself.

I

iridescent

My account on Pinterest is mainly for recreational stuff. Mostly DIY whenever I'm feeling like it. Mostly marketing as well since it is picture based.

beachdesign

beachdesign

Pinterest works great for building back-links, through strong visual representations. I've been using on & off for the last two months to promote my photography, and one of my internet marketing projects. All & all it hasn't had much effect on my work, yet I've built my followers up to 165, which I would expect would have some effect in the eyes of Google.

I built up my followers by posting original high-quality content, and re-pinning from as many different people as I could in a similar niche. It takes time & patience to grow on Pinterest, and isn't worth the time that it takes in my opinion.

cefmac

cefmac

I'm a bit of a Pinterest addict, but I've never thought of using it for SEO. How would I go about doing that? I suppose I would set up another account, I'm not sure SEO and photos of pretty homes and cute pigs go too well together. :p

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I don't use Pinterest for SEO purposes, but I do have a page on there. I think hat page would be hard to utilize for SEO optimization use. It would be hard since it is mainly just images. Instagram could work, since followers are so easy to gain, but once again, it doesn't allow for much explanation in text which is probably why it lacks in generating followers and leading them to where you want them to go.

Realism

Realism

If you're using Pinterest for marketing, make sure you pin images that are large, high resolution, and have readable text on them so people know what it is. On a site where everything is user posted images you need to stand out to get clicks.

jean

jean

Pinterest is one of the best social media sites to get lots of targeted customer, only if studies how to best utilize it for the small business. The more interesting and unique your pin is , the more visitors will be attracted to it. If you're selling a ebook, then pin its cover page. Pin a video. Use a good profile. Anything that is a captivating graphics which gives some clear details of your promotion, it will bring traffic to your site.

C

Cammie27

I am just getting started with marketing via Pinterest, but like most of you I don't see how I could use it for SEO. I use it to get my photos and products circulating to audiences I probably wouldn't reach through other, more personally-connected social media portals.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: