By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What is the best tool/method to check on the backlinks of your competitor?

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.
V

vash

It is a fact that over 90% the web sites out there do not allow dofollow links to be added by visitors. While I am frustrated with the lack of good places to add dofollow links to my site, I am also curious about where my competitors get their backlinks.

Is there a good tool or method to find out where the backlinks of my competitors are? So I can at least find out some of the good places and add my own backlinks. :)

Any good answer is appreciated! Thanks!

Danch

Danch

I use software called TrafficTravis. I have the professional version which is very good. I started off with the free version which is quite good as well. There is another free tool known as backlinkwatch. I haven't tried it so I can't tell you much about results.

There are some options which require a bit of investment to get details. Trial versions of Ahrefs and MajesticSEO are available. These are professional online services producing accurate competitor analysis. Another tested online tool is OpenSiteExplorer.

R

rachana

Best SEO tools to check backlinks:
Ahrefs
Majestic SEO
SEOMoz
Raven Tools
SEO Spyglass
Inspyder Backlink Monitor
Open Site Explorer.

S

SeoDoncaster

MajesticSeo it's definitely my favourite backlink checker, it will not only show you backlinks but they're category, time when they got indexed (or removed). I've tested premium version of Ahrefs, MajesticSeo, SeoMoz and SEO Spyglass and yeah... the winner is really clear to me.

S

sunil009

Backlinkwatch
Linkody

I use these tools.

EthanR

EthanR

SEMRUSH Tools is most preferable to check backlinks. You will get all the website information regarding backlinks.

hilleug61

hilleug61

I think you should use sites like backlinkwatch, SemRush, and seoprofiler. Although I am not a very big fan of Semrush in some other utilities, but I must say that it works fantastic here!

Last edited by a moderator:
onebasemedia

onebasemedia

Established Memeber
Some of the best tools that can be used to check backlinks of your competitor are SEMrush, ahrefs, Majestic SEO, Moz's Link Explorer etc.

K

kaz

With SEMRush & Ahrefs you can not just check the competitors backlinks only, you can also do keyword and content gap analysis. This gives you a detailed insights of additional opportunities to overtake your competitors.

S

sunil009

backlinkwatch and moz ose and semrush are best.

A

arohi56

Semruch, rankwatch, ahref these are the best tools to check the backlinks of competitor

jacobdeen

jacobdeen

Ahrefs is what we use, 100% recommend it!

GameOver

GameOver

I find Ahrefs is amazingly simple for beginners, send me a private message I will help you ....

R

Riks0491

Has anyone been using Netpeak Spider SEO Tools?
Looking for something cheaper than traditional SEO Tools and was recommended to try this one.
Any feedbacks?

M

mallikarjuna

Multiple tools are available for checking backlinks of your competitors
1.semrush
2.Ahref
3.SEO Spyglass
4. Moz

G

GrowME

Ahrefs, Semrush, majestic SEO. These are the three tools I used for competitor link analysis.

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: