By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What's the likely impact of adding a keyword to my H1 and Page Title?

D

davidoff1

Over the years my website has been optimised to rank for searches relating to "HR Software" "HR Systems". The keywords appear early on in the H1's, Page Titles etc. Our backlink profile is decent, we have a domain authority of >50 and for a long while have ranked mid page 1 for the important terms to us.

In a few weeks we will be launching a new service that compliments our HR Software offering. As such I would like to update the on-page elements to incorporate that e.g. changing the H1 to read "HR software and {NEWPRODUCT} that helps organisations to..."

Continuing to rank well for HR Software/HR systems related searches will remain crucial to us.

What is the likely impact of adding one or two additional words to our H1's and Page Title?

Thanks

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Headings and page titles still carry a large weight to how your pages are seen, I would recommend choosing those carefully, making sure Page title and H1 is different, H2's carry appropriate section/topic targetting and the page follows correct scematic html.

Having said that, if you've got old school phrases on your current headings and titles which are just a bunch of keywords seperated by seperators, then those can be improved with better user based phrasing while still including target phrases.

Happy Koala

Happy Koala

they have done lots of tests on this and H1's are super important.

Adding the extra words will most likely help, as you will start ranking higher for those keywords and all the keywords that are related.

putting H2's on the page does not equal a H1.

Google sees them differently and measures them seperately.

Its ok to change your page title so i wouldn't worry about it.

B

bracknelson

Established Memeber
Hey,
They do this with the title of the page and sometimes to sections within a page. But when it comes to SEO, you have to make a change, and once Google indexes the change you have to compare the results to the previous 30 days. During my research, I found this wonderful blog It can be helpful to you https://neilpatel.com/blog/headings-impact-seo/. It's all about heading impacts ranking. This going to be really helpful to you. This blog contains very deep information among heading impacts.

pavman123

pavman123

Established Memeber
Hey,
They do this with the title of the page and sometimes to sections within a page. But when it comes to SEO, you have to make a change, and once Google indexes the change you have to compare the results to the previous 30 days. During my research, I found this wonderful blog It can be helpful to you (NEILLINK) It's all about heading impacts ranking. This going to be really helpful to you. This blog contains very deep information among heading impacts.

I have followed Neil for a long time, your 100% right.
I find that adding H2 / H3 tags also help the rankings, all depends on social media impact, visitors bouncing off-page rate, how your customers interact on the page is what google started ranking for too.

alexson

alexson

Established Memeber
The heading is the element of a page where it comes to know about that page externally and keywords make your webpage searchable.

Ananddm

Ananddm

Over the years my website has been optimised to rank for searches relating to "HR Software" "HR Systems". The keywords appear early on in the H1's, Page Titles etc. Our backlink profile is decent, we have a domain authority of >50 and for a long while have ranked mid page 1 for the important terms to us.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: