By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What's the most/least amount of money you ever paid for a domain?

Beverly

Beverly

The lowest amount that I ever paid for a domain name was 99 cents (Yahoo Domains, first year) and highest was $10, my most recent domain purchase for my forum.

What's the most/least you've ever paid for a domain name?

S

Steve

The cheapest I ever got a domain was for $2.99. It was pretty cheap from NameCheap

Shortie861

Shortie861

The cheapest domain I ever got was quite a few years ago now and it was a .com for $1.99. I can't remember the domain name itself but I remember thinking it was a bargain and was quite pleased I got it for so cheap.

S

SonnyNET64

Three Australian Dollars for a .com domain name. I still have done anything with that website, yet I own many more. I still have to work on it and actually finish it. :S

SonnyNET64

Jessi

Jessi

Least - $.99 I have only paid full price for a domain's first year once. Every other time, I have used a coupon that brings it down to under $2.

Most - $15 and that's only because it's what the yearly renewal rate is through GoDaddy (it's less than that, I think, but around that area).

Tara

Tara

The least I have ever paid for a domain was 98 cents during Namecheap Black Friday deal.

The most I've heard paid for a domain was $100 for two years. That was during the very early days of the domain sales.

Nymph

Nymph

The cheapest I have ever purchased a domain for would have to be $0.99 on various registrars' deals, including those on GoDaddy, Namecheap, and Dynadot, though the ICANN fees usually bumped that price up, but it was still a much better deal than the most I have ever seen an unregistered domain go for, which was $18 for a .com on a new registrar.

I'll usually purchase my domains in bulk, but while I'm sure I've gotten a good price cut per individual domain before, I can't quite recall to what degree the price was lowered.

strata12123

strata12123

The cheapest I have paid is also $o.99 on Namecheap.
The most I've paid was $15 on GoDaddy.

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

$9.99 for a dot com, and $0.99 for the same on Namecheap when they had a new coupon code :D Well, maybe I bought a .me for like $12 but I don't remember the exact amount and I might be mistaken :confused-16:

I

iPhonefreak

Most for a domain is $12, cheapest is a dollar! My host is pretty pricy on the domains, but the dollar one I got was from register.com. Do NOT use them!

Steverd

Steverd

My lowest was 0.99c from a special deal. Then I have around $7.99 per other domain. I will not buy a domain for more.
If the domain name is already used I have always just came up with a different name to use. I do always stick to the .COM names also. I used to get the .net and .us but reports didn't show much use of them.

Sugarhill

Sugarhill

The lowest is $.98 and the most expensive new domain was just about $10, renewals just under $11. All of these things happened with Namecheap, although I do have or have bought domains with other companies during their sales.

danealegana

danealegana

$2.45 dollars from Namecheap using a coupon from the regular $11.00 and I have never bought any domains lower from that price ever since. The most expensive one I bought was $40.00 and it was all worth it! I never had to do any SEO and its giving me quite a revenue.

BigJ

BigJ

Unfortunately had to pay $10 in the past. Most recently my domain was free as long as I stick with my current hosting provider - sometimes this should be avoided but even if/when I change hosts the cost isn't much.

F

Firebreathz

Established Memeber
Mine was 88p for the first year its the cheapest I have seen so far myself

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: