By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Where do you get high quality free images from?

Beverly

Beverly

Sometimes I like to include an image with my Blogger posts. But finding a free image to use is difficult as most are copyright and not available for use on blogs. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee such as $1.00 for a photo to use on one blog post. But if I could find a good free source of photos that would be nice too. Please make suggestions if you know a resource for free images.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

You can also find free quality images on flickr it you search a bit...

Shortie861

Shortie861

iconarchive.com is a site I have been using for quite a while now for my icon purposes :) they have a wide range of icons for just about every category you can think of. Another great way to find some really cool icons is to put in the kind of icon you are looking for and add in a photo hosting company such as photobucket as they have alot of great images that can be used.

F

Florentino89

I agree with the above users, that after the site "iconfinder" You Can get high quality image

S

SonnyNET64

Usually I would design them myself, but if sometimes it's too hard to make I usually get it off iconfinder, or good images on Google.

SonnyNET64

T

tommymaczoidberg

I use the following website for one year now and every time I looked for a high-res pic I needed I found it here.
http://www.sxc.hu/

I swear by this site. I have no idea what the .hu site stands for, but I have been using it for years, never had to pay a dime and have always gotten some pretty amazing images. It's one of the Internet's best kept secrets.

jpvonline

jpvonline

I usually create me own Photoshop work, though when work gets to tough to create, http://www.sxc.hu/ is also the first site I refer to. I've also been using it for years and it has some great work on it. As Tommy said its on of the Internets best kept secrets.

Tara

Tara

Flixr is a great resource. A lot of stuff if copyright free. If I can't find anything that suits my needs, I will create the image. It's a pain, but it's worth it.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

There is another web site called Morguefile.com (strange name but it really is just stock photography). The quality of the images is hit or miss, but they're all free.

trentz

trentz

My site is a travel blog so I have to have more images in it so I bought cameras of my own just to have more contents in my websites. But sometimes, I just grab some images from Flickr to use. I do give credits to the owner though so I'm sure this wouldn't hurt them in any way.

neodoxa

neodoxa

Flickr has a section for Creative Commons images. You can use most of those. Just check the attribution options for each image and make sure that your usage complies with them. Be sure to give credit in your blog post to the Flickr user too, of course.

unbel

unbel

I mainly use Flickr for free HQ images. Occasionally, I can find a really nice picture using Google images and use that. But mainly I use Flickr or create the image myself using photoshop.

S

Spintax

Flickr has keep me happy lately. You'll be surprised at what people chose to share under the creative commons license. The nice thing is that I very rarely find these images used anywhere else.

Canadian Lover

Canadian Lover

IFlickr has helped me find some good free-licensed content. I re-post pictures I like onto my website, or I will make something new from images I find on there, such as a Banner for my website.

Rube

Rube

I used to use wikimedia commons, but I found it a little frustrating. Then someone recommended morguefile and I did find some good quality free stock photos there.

I also use www.publicdomainpictures.net where photographers make their images available for free use on the Internet. You can, if you want, give a small donation to a photographer through the website. I always include the photographer's name and link, whenever I use one of their pictures.

Nymph

Nymph

I remember trudging along trying to look for a free resource like this and ending up with spammy sites, but I came across a few gems, including Stock Photos Exchange, Image Source, and my favorite, Icon Finder. There are also: www.freerangestock.com
www.pixelperfectdigital.com

Fotolia may not be free, but has some nice deals on multiple stock photos. Plus, some hosting plans will give you free credits with them, so it's something to look into.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: