By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

wp-login.php?redirect_to=https Please Can You Assist Me?

S

seoguy1

Hi there,

Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place but this forum is for people having problems after installing WP so that is why I am here to see if you can help me with some minutes of your time.

The problem is a website showing persistent internal errors all around the wp-login.php.
I am able to login and access the front end with no difficulties.
I have tried to debug but the errors do not show up o any pages.
I have tested the theme, the plugins, etc etc
I checked the htaccess file for corruptions (there are no corruptions) and I set the htaccess file up to debug and display but nothing showed. I did check the debug file on the server end it showed some errors around one plugin and when I deactivated that plugin there was no change with the Internal Errors.
The host says that they can't see a problem.
PHP is running at 7.2
PHP Memory is sufficient
checking if the files and folders have the correct file permissions.

When I use an analysis tool such as Screaming Frog there are 15 links raising the internal error 500..and on occasion I have been redirected to a 'are you human' verification page with a tick box (this is because the host has brute force attack protection in place on the server and they cannot remove protection for just my website).The wp-login.php seems to redirect back to the main domain and an image but the standard message 'INternal Server Error 500' can be seen on the screen. One of the links looks like this:

https:// example.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2image-name-goes-here%2F

I'm hoping that someone here will have experienced this before or know what to do. I understand it's a process of elimination and I have done a fair bit so far. I noticed in SEO analysis tools that the internal error is causing problems with duplicate and I have no answer as to why all of these redirects are happening in the first place. The site files were migrated to a new server from an old legacy server and I did site analysis before and after (there were absolutely no internal errors before the migration).

Or is there a way I can check if that redirect is actually present somewhere so I can unlink it? I mean a redirect from https:// example.com/wp-login.php?

Many thanks for your time in advance

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Sounds like htaccess, php , server or plugin incompatibility with php 7.2. But your host should be able to see problems in the error logs and if they can't then it maybe their error logging isnt working.

Typically id say its to do with your hosts over the top protection methods but obviously without access to the site I couldnt really give any accurate advise, its like the blind leading the blind :)

S

seoguy1

Hi thanks a lot for replying and for the insight. Do you think if I asked the host to lower the php to a maximum of 7.2 it would help?

I have checked the htaccess file and it's not corrupt in any way. The host can't see the internal errors in their logs but they do see an error with one of the plugins which is active.

The protection is server based and not website based. I read somewhere that the error could be in the database?

I see 2 htaccess files (one inside the public folder and one outside that folder). They both had this code to enable php7.2:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php72 .php

I removed that code and ran a test on Screaming Frog to see if the recognition of non php7.2 would make a difference and there was no change the problem still remains the same.

Please could you reply - thanks again,

Last edited:
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
What errors are they seeing for a plugin ? Have you tried disabling that plugin to see if it stops the problem

I can't imagine php version would give you the behaviour you are experiencing as typically incompatibilities wouldn't be intermittent.

Your host must be pretty poor if they are not able to see server errors if its easy to reproduce, like wise the protection they have in place, regardless of whether its server wide or localised can still have adverse effects for a particular site as every Wordpress site may use different themes, plugins etc. A good example of that would be a server using Mod_evasive, we used mod_evasive for on our servers but Xenforo ( the forum software this forum runs on ) has certain issues with with intensive processes.

but still these are guesses because we know nothing about your setup, hosting enviroment or whats been installed. It could realistically be anything

S

seoguy1

Hi I disabled that plugin and it made no difference. I tried changing the php down from 7.2 and it made no difference. In their debug log I saw nothing in there relating to the server only a plugin.

website.com [Fri Sep 07 04:58:53 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.21:43620] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 06:06:30 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.21:53798] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 07:04:34 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.24:55508] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 08:05:14 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:52844] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 09:52:27 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.24:49274] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 09:57:47 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.24:51702] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 10:57:39 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.24:37752] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 11:55:27 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:60646] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 12:57:25 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:42898] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 13:55:31 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.21:52376] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 15:05:41 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.24:42722] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 16:09:07 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.21:37198] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 16:54:39 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:53924] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 17:54:57 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:46008] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 18:56:59 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:35624] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 20:00:08 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:42680] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541
website.com [Fri Sep 07 20:54:49 2018] [error] [client 10.16.12.23:55396] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cluster-sites/6/n/website.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joebooking/core6/lib/ntsConf.php on line 1541

I agree on your point "like wise the protection they have in place, regardless of whether its server wide or localised can still have adverse effects for a particular site as every Wordpress site may use different themes, plugins".

The website is on a shared server.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Yeah nothing more we can say really if there is no viable logs to go off, we'd need access to the site and hosting to be able to diagnose the problem as none of the info you've provided is really any use without without being able to trigger the problem and assess the whats happening.

S

seoguy1

Do you think it could be a problem with a link in the database. Do you think it could be a redirect happening in the database; a link not doing what it is supposed to?

S

seoguy1

Also do you think this could work:

function redirect_login_page()
{
$login_page = home_url('/login/'); //your redirect page link here
$page_viewed = basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

if ($page_viewed == "wp-login.php" && $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'GET') {
wp_redirect($login_page);
exit;
}
}
add_action('init', 'redirect_login_page');

I really would appreciate your help and input

Last edited:
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Why would it ? what do you think its achieving ? Do you have an idea of what the problem is ?

The answer is still the same, without knowing and being able to diagnose the problem, we can't tell you what is going to fix it, we certainly can't say that using a function or any other bit of code will work or not because we don't know what the problem is.

S

seoguy1

Can you give me an idea please what the problem could be and what processes I could follow to try and troubleshoot the problem further?

S

seoguy1

The host has brute force attacks prevention on the shared server, has that ever been a factor to cause a problem like this in your experience?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Not really no, what you're doing and the info you've provided so far is so vague with so many unknown elements, especially with your host not being any help , they should be your first port of call as they should at least be able to provide insight as to what is trigging the server error which we could then possibly isolate possibilities.

It's a little like saying "My cars broken down, its red and has 4 wheels, how can i fix it" , no one will be able to tell you how to fix it because there isnt enough info.

The host has brute force attacks prevention on the shared server, has that ever been a factor to cause a problem like this in your experience?

Yes, as stated a few posts ago that would have been my first thoughts if you are getting server errors primarily on login requests

S

seoguy1

Thank you very much for your input I appreciate it. I will wearily keep trying

S

seoguy1

Hi I installed a debug plugin and these results appeared:

Log Entries
2 entries
Today
23:34:09 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; secure_html5_video_player_widget has a deprecated constructor
Type: PHP Deprecated
Line: 23
File: / home/cluster-sites/6/n/website. com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/secure-html5-video-player/sh5vp-widgets.php

Today
23:33:03 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
Function create_function() is deprecated
Type: PHP Deprecated
Line: 265
File: / home/cluster-sites/6/n/website. com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/file-manager/BootStart/BootStart.php

Any thoughts would be really welcome. Many thanks for your time.

S

seoguy1

Hi just some additional information which might make some difference in terms of what the problem could be.

Yes, as stated a few posts ago that would have been my first thoughts if you are getting server errors primarily on login requests

Apparently the legacy hosting which was used previously had brute force attacks protection on that server as well, but when I analysed the site when the site was on the legacy server, there were no internal errors whatsoever. So the same protection is on both of the host's servers but the Internal Error 500 problems have only started since the migration happened.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Apparently the legacy hosting which was used previously had brute force attacks protection on that server as well, but when I analysed the site when the site was on the legacy server, there were no internal errors whatsoever. So the same protection is on both of the host's servers but the Internal Error 500 problems have only started since the migration happened.

Only your host can give you the answers to this as they are the ones who have access to all the info.

They have your :

URL
Access to relevant FTP info
Access to PHP or User.ini files.
Access to your error and access logs.

Everything that is required to give you an accurate answer without guessing. You've done the basic's such as disabling plugins, themes etc. You didnt have the problem on your legancy hosting, now you've moved to a new server you have a problem.....kind of indicates what the issue is, if your host can't help...........I'd move to a better provider.

S

seoguy1

Errors in the database linked to blog posts, so I looked at the blog post pages and the comments at the bottom of each blog page where I found links back to the login or home page for some reason. Anyway thank you very much for your help during the process of finding out what the problem was. All analysis shows no internal error problems.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: