By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest

Mayvin

Mayvin

Is anyone doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest?

I'm thinking might do this but have been hearing that the site may be changing your affiliate links to theirs and that you need to use a link cloaker( think that's how you spell it lol) that is not common like bity or they can over ride them still.

Are there any free link cloakers that Pinterest can't over ride or really cheap ones to use for amazon and/click bank affiliate links?

Nymph

Nymph

I highly doubt that Pinterest will magically "override" your affiliate links, but I have never actually tried it while promoting the links by themselves. It is always accompanied by a website or blog that holds all of my affiliate links for that particular niche, but, of course, to pull something like this off you need to give the users who view, repin, etc. some incentive to visit the site. Also, Pinterest is inhabited mostly by women (60%-90% of Pinterest users are female according to a variety of sources), so for any affiliate marketing campaign to be truly successful, you will want to promote products that appeal to this demographic. I find that weight loss and cooking are two very good niches.

Zingali

Zingali

Actually, they were stripping affiliate codes and replacing them with their own. There was a big uproar about it, maybe 6 months ago and I think they might have stopped the practice. When I started posting product images on the site, they ended up tagging me with an error code and there was a warning message that would appear before it sent you to the referral page (ie. amazon, wherever).

I post often now and do not see any major hiccups like before. Granted, I don't really know if Pinterest is contributing to my bottom line every month, but it is part of the agenda for me.

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I have not done any affiliate marketing through Pinterest, as I'm not sure that it would work. It would kind of be the same thing to me as trying to market on Instagram, since they are both sites that are mainly picture posts. I think there is a possibility that it could have great success if you got a good amount of followers, but I just don't know how I would incorporate a sales pitch through just a banner alone, and then you'd have to promote similar banners or images, without a lot of text. I know they allow text, but it's so small at the bottom that it's hardly noticeable. I say it's worth a shot, but it wouldn't be my expertise.

BigJ

BigJ

Try directing traffic to your own site which then sends them through your affiliate links.

rohit21

rohit21

I have never tried Pinterest for promoting my Affiliate links.

Mayvin

Mayvin

Well, it's good to know that they may have stopped the practice of replacing people's affiliate links with their own. Amazing to me that they would do that. But I guess the best bet is to just try and redirect traffic to your site that has affiliate links on that.

S

SarahRTW

I wouldn't have ever considered using Pinterest for affiliate marketing. I can see how it could work, but it just wouldn't have occurred to me as a strategy. As a user, I'd find it annoying at best, deceitful at worst, if I click a picture thinking I;d go to a blog or forum it ended u being such a link. I'd probably avoid that user's content, too.

That's just me; perhaps I"m a minority in this...but I think linking to a blog or forum (perhaps containing affiliate links themselves) would be the better strategy.

DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReilly

I use Pinterest for my affiliate marketing and they haven't replaced any of mine links with their own :). I also direct people to my site as well these days though and I have just started a blog so I will start using that to be on the safe side. It's great what you find out on here :)

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: