By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Do you sell tweets?

Beverly

Beverly

Some internet marketers work hard to build a loyal following on Twitter and then capitalize by selling tweets to advertisers. In some ways, I think this is a betrayal as it's pushing products on the readership that might not be in their best interest. What do you think of selling Tweets? Is it a good way to earn money or betrayal of your readers?

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
I don't consider it a betrayal, but every person is entitled to their own opinions. I make a considerable amount of money selling sponsored tweets (more than enough to live off) and have seen the huge market for it, My prices aren't exactly cheap either due to the large amount of followers most of my accounts have so that will usually weed out scam/unrelated tweets from being bought by people.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

No I don't. I don't have that much followers, so nobody would be interested in buying tweets from me.

N

NeoGills

I don't sell it but know many sites who sell or exchange tweeter followers, it seems like Black hats...

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

I don't consider it a betrayal, but every person is entitled to their own opinions. I make a considerable amount of money selling sponsored tweets (more than enough to live off) and have seen the huge market for it, My prices aren't exactly cheap either due to the large amount of followers most of my accounts have so that will usually weed out scam/unrelated tweets from being bought by people.

I agree with you. When i saw how much people charge for sponsored tweets on buysellads, it really made me wonder should i start pumping my profile :)

So, i don't sell tweets on my profile, but i've seen people make considerable amount of money doing it.

E

edwardkingston

No i don't and don't want to sell it.
it seems like black hat SEO but em not so confirm ;)

Jessi

Jessi

No, I don't currently. I have tried it in the past and just felt wrong. I disclosed that they were paid posts, but still, it made me feel bad that I was sending out paid tweets to loyal followers and I was getting paid very little to do so.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Nope, I don't sell tweets. I see this as becoming popular and like anything popular it will become overdone and will eventually ruin Twitter. Would you want to read tweets that are 100% promotion? I sure don't want to.

S

SonnyNET64

I don't really sell any social networking services. But if you have a pre-built name, and you have a lot of followers/subscribers then you have the potential to earn thousands from just promoting.

SonnyNET64

tweety23

tweety23

I guess it's a little bit of both. Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing this though..

tweety23

tweety23

Nope, I don't sell tweets. I see this as becoming popular and like anything popular it will become overdone and will eventually ruin Twitter. Would you want to read tweets that are 100% promotion? I sure don't want to.

This actually could happen as well. I hope most people don't start going overboard with the promotional tweets because this could lead Twitter to an early death. I hope that doesn't happen.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

By law you must now disclose a paid endorsement and I'm fairly sure that applies to Twitter. While it's highly unlikely that you're going to get into trouble right now you've got to remember that the tweets are permanent and it is a law. Who knows what might happen down the road, protect yourself.

Jessi

Jessi

By law you must now disclose a paid endorsement and I'm fairly sure that applies to Twitter. While it's highly unlikely that you're going to get into trouble right now you've got to remember that the tweets are permanent and it is a law. Who knows what might happen down the road, protect yourself.

You're right. They fall under the act as well. You don't have to put anything long, though. Sometimes just a hash tag of the ad network is enough to signal that a tweet is paid for without calling a ton of attention to it.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

True. I haven't invested nearly enough time in building my own profiles to even consider selling tweets, I much prefer my content (which is often written by the person doing the tweeting) be shared on their profiles so that we both benefit.

I wonder what the minimum number of followers requirement is, does anyone know where the best place to sell is so that I can check that out? I doubt I'll become a seller but it's good to always have options.

memento_mori

memento_mori

I don't sell the Tweets themselves. I offer it as an optional service for my other services (Tweeting Yahoo Answers or Arcticles i wrote). Its pretty good to make some pocket money :p

jpvonline

jpvonline

I wouldn't say betrayal. I usually use sites to advertise that I am selling tweets. That way the advertisers bid for a price and the winning price will get a few tweets. Its exclusive so I usually get quite a few bids and its a great way for me to earn a few more bucks.

memento_mori

memento_mori

I also don't consider it a betrayal since I always made sure not to send any link pointing to a scam. Every link I tweeted was something of interest and nothing that would waste the time of my followers.

Tara

Tara

No, I don't sell tweets. I have to agree with Jessi in that it feels like a betrayal. I have taken a lot of time and effort to build up my following. My accounts are tied to a very specific niche. It's just not worth it.

N

neoflip

No chance! I don't have enough time to sell tweets...

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: