By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Frustration

ozadin

ozadin

I'm sure many of you have felt frustration throughout your journey of SEO, blogging, or anything related to it. What gets you frustrated, and how do you deal with it?

I get frustrated whenever I'm in a pessimistic mood, or a day when I don't want to work at all. I just think about all the work ahead of me, the long run, and how I'm never going to get any traffic to my website even though it only takes about 1-2 hours of my time. Even if I didn't do it, I would spend my time doing nothing, and browsing websites just begging to pass time. How do I deal with it? I listen to music, I have a playlist specifically designed for bad moods and good moods. If that doesn't seem to work, I would talk to a few friends of mine, play some games, and that always manages to get me in a better mood so I can return to writing an article, or doing some SEO.

Rube

Rube

I think it is natural to have days when frustration kicks in. Frustration can arise when targets and goals seem to be unattainable and when things do not go as planned. Also there are good reasons for taking time off from online work.

I don't mind too much if I'm not feeling motivated. I just go out somewhere with other people, or enjoy a solitary walk. Either way taking a break is effective, and I return filled with enthusiasm and eager to get back to my work.

I also take frequent mini-breaks when I make myself a cup of tea, read a chapter of a book I'm into, or listen to the radio for a while. Then I am better able to complete my online tasks and do some strategic planning.

C

Cammie27

Most of my frustrations stem from lack of patience. I throw myself into new things and want to see results ASAP, and we all know the world doesn't work that way. Still sometimes I can't help but get into that funk where I feel like I'm just wasting my time tapping away at a keyboard and that I'll never generate enough traffic, readers, or income to make it worthwhile.

For me, there's a fine line between regrouping and procrastinating so I have to police my responses carefully. I don't give myself a break from certain habits that I consider to be minimum-effort because I know once I get out of my routines it becomes harder to push past the frustration and get back to work. But I do step away to a certain degree, where I put in my minimum time and then turn my attentions to another project long enough to clear my head. Before too long, I usually find myself back at my desk to try something that crossed my mind while I was out for a run or hunched over my sewing machine.

Nymph

Nymph

Much of the frustration spawns from personal laziness and unrealistic expectations. Many people nowadays go into a highly saturated venture like blogging or affiliate marketing, and they just don't give their sites or campaigns enough time to bloom into its full potential. They research, plan, and prepare, and a small percentage of those people will finally take action, and then an even smaller percentage will ever succeed in making a dime. They may target all the right keywords, create beautiful and stunning content, but they just don't let their domains sit and allow time to work its magic. Since time is the greatest factor in determining a site's potential page rank (as long as one adheres to best SEO practices), it is very important to consider how much time you are willing to invest in order to make something work, because in this day and age, you just can't expect it to work in a month or two. It may have been realistic ten years ago, but not now.

The good news is that everything you do will work eventually if you just keep working at it. There is no way to measure when you will find success, but it will come with effort, so any frustrations you have you should dispel for the sake of longevity, because you must keep telling yourself that as long as you do things the way search engines want to see, it will happen. You will eventually grow to the traffic you first imagined, you will eventually reach the amount of sales you desired, you will eventually get enough likes, tweets, pins, whatever, just keep at it and don't give up. That's what keeps me going and, if I never followed this advice (albeit invented advice), I would not be making $1000-$3000 per month after the few years I've spent toiling. The same can easily happen for anybody, anywhere.

On that note, one other pitfall people get stuck in is doing the exact same thing over and over again and, like the good quote says, expecting a different result. It never comes, and as long as that person continues to do the same things, it probably never will. When going into these ventures, it should always feel like you are "improving" your site or campaign. If there is never any improvement, how can you ever expect a better result? Update your designs, try a different style of writing, change it up and not only will you see improvements, it will be less dull and more fulfilling, so you will feel less frustration that way, too.

Viktori

Viktori

I agree with Nymph. I think a lot of people go into it expecting a lot less uncertainty, when in reality, if it were certain that you would get traffic and profits, then everyone would be doing it. I think being as optimistic and realistic as you can be could not only help with combating frustration, but it helps prevent it from happening too.

Mayvin

Mayvin

I think my frustration comes from getting my hopes up after reading some advice from the latest internet marketing guru who claims they're making a good amount of money and quickly too. I get excited working on their plan and find out that that's more complicated and dang near impossible to make any money with. It's really frustrating. And like someone else said I have an issue with patience, I'm looking for the money ASAP because I need it ASAP and am not interesting in busting my butt for maybe $10, 5 months from now like with adshare sites. But I will keep at it, I'm sure I will eventually find something that will work for me.

leandros21

leandros21

I feel frustated when my keywords are in first page of Search engine but nobody come across with that keywords

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

Being frustrated is very natural, there is nothing wrong with it.

There are times when our plans go wrong and we feel hopeless.

We just have to move on I guess, maybe try new strategies.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: