By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How Organized Are You At Your Money Making Ventures?

shellyann36

shellyann36

I feel that in order to make money online one must be organized. It takes organization to juggle the many sites that I participate in and to keep up with what is owed to me money wise. I have not always been the best at this and I have tried several different ways to keep track. The first thing I tried was a spreadsheet with all of my sites and the info for each site. Some of the things that I included were how much I earned daily, posted daily, or what surveys I took daily etc. I also kept track of my cashouts so that I could remember to follow up if I did not get my money or gc on time. Needless to say that this did not work out for me. I found it too tedious to deal with the spreadsheet. It took way too much time and quite frankly I hated filling it out for every little thing I did.

After that struggle I decided that I would start a notebook for my earnings. I have a 2 inch binder with page dividors for all of my sites. I keep track daily of how much I have made at each site and at the front of the notebook I have a section where I write down my cashouts for the sites for each month. After I am paid I highlight the cashout.

I think hands on is much easier for me. I like my notebook and I am far more inclined to keep up with everything in it as opposed to on a spreadsheet.

How do you stay organized with your money making ventures?

S

Stuti

Well, the best part is to find three to four sites where you have potential of earning daily, and then split your time between those sites...I tend to split my time in the similar fashion and since I know my ability to how much money I can make then I work accordingly, so if I am only bothered to make $30 or $40 even $20 a day then I try to work according to that, and you need to keep in mind your target.....hopefully this tip may be useful to you:)

Trista

Trista

Well, the best part is to find three to four sites where you have potential of earning daily, and then split your time between those sites...

Yes, that is also what I do with the "fast cash" sites, as I call them. I cut way down on the number of sites that I devote time to. I focus on the ones that have the lowest cashout thresholds and that take the least amount of time, relative to how much I'm getting paid.

It is far too easy to get spread too thin and dissipate your energies so that you wind up with too many sites where you haven't reach the payout threshold. This defeats the whole purpose of quick cash!

Kristy

Kristy

I have a notebook with every site I use and I write down how much I make every month. I've never bothered to keep track of how much I make in a day, but I might give that a shot.

As far as keeping up with payments, I have a notepad file on my computer and whenever I cash out on a site I'll make a note of the time and date, order number (if there is one) and how much it was for. I keep that info in case I don't get paid so I can contact them about it. When I get paid I just delete the info. I also do this for stuff I order online.

I participate in way too many sites. I tend to focus on the ones that are easiest to earn from (and this varies from time to time depending on new sites I've come across or changes that a site has made, etc.). But every day I'll be like "Oh I need to log onto this site and this site and so on..." and then I'll suddenly remember a site I haven't used in weeks and say "Oh yeah, I was doing good with that site. How did I forget about it?" lol

BigJ

BigJ

I'm curious as to how many sites you are active on if you have a binder for tracking... Do you mind sharing?

C

Cammie27

I'm terribly disorganized about it. I keep meaning to switch over to a simple database so I can keep track of what has been submitted where, how much I'm earning at each site, when I've cashed out and for how much, etc. But I haven't done it yet. I hate bookkeeping and spend more than enough time on it for my husband's business, so I keep procrastinating about doing my own.

P

protoboard

I'm very disorganized. What I struggle a lot is with being constant. I like your notebook approach to keep track of what you do every day. I also think the spreadsheet approach is good. I'll definitely give that one a try. I'll use Google Docs for that so I can edit it even if I'm working on my tablet.

shellyann36

shellyann36

Well, the best part is to find three to four sites where you have potential of earning daily, and then split your time between those sites...I tend to split my time in the similar fashion and since I know my ability to how much money I can make then I work accordingly, so if I am only bothered to make $30 or $40 even $20 a day then I try to work according to that, and you need to keep in mind your target.....hopefully this tip may be useful to you:)

Yes I do find that I have way too many eggs in my basket and I need to narrow it down some. I have become determined to do just that this month. Wish me luck!

Yes, that is also what I do with the "fast cash" sites, as I call them. I cut way down on the number of sites that I devote time to. I focus on the ones that have the lowest cashout thresholds and that take the least amount of time, relative to how much I'm getting paid.

It is far too easy to get spread too thin and dissipate your energies so that you wind up with too many sites where you haven't reach the payout threshold. This defeats the whole purpose of quick cash!

Yes I have decided that I need to work the good paying sites such as Bubblews as often as possible and put it on my front burner. I do have so many other sites that I work that are slow earners such as my PTC sites that I forget about if I don't have my notebook reminding me. I have also incorporated a TO-DO list to my daily activities so that I can mark a site off after I have finished with it for the day.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I have a notebook with every site I use and I write down how much I make every month. I've never bothered to keep track of how much I make in a day, but I might give that a shot.

As far as keeping up with payments, I have a notepad file on my computer and whenever I cash out on a site I'll make a note of the time and date, order number (if there is one) and how much it was for. I keep that info in case I don't get paid so I can contact them about it. When I get paid I just delete the info. I also do this for stuff I order online.

I participate in way too many sites. I tend to focus on the ones that are easiest to earn from (and this varies from time to time depending on new sites I've come across or changes that a site has made, etc.). But every day I'll be like "Oh I need to log onto this site and this site and so on..." and then I'll suddenly remember a site I haven't used in weeks and say "Oh yeah, I was doing good with that site. How did I forget about it?" lol

I am afraid that I am on way too many sites as well. If I did not have 3 toddlers running around needing my attention I could fit each site in daily but most of the time I forget them or don't have time to get to them. I try to remember my PTC sites at least once a week. I am trying to stick with my best earner (Bubblews) and devote most of the time to that site.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I'm curious as to how many sites you are active on if you have a binder for tracking... Do you mind sharing?

Right now BigJ I have 29 sites in my binder and 2 survey sites that I don't have in the binder. I get to them when I can or I feel like it. My biggest earners are Bubblews and SwagBucks. I try to keep them up and running all the time. My PTC sites get looked over often. The rest of the sites such as InboxDollars, SendEarnings all send me email notifications that I just click while I am Bubbling.

I'm terribly disorganized about it. I keep meaning to switch over to a simple database so I can keep track of what has been submitted where, how much I'm earning at each site, when I've cashed out and for how much, etc. But I haven't done it yet. I hate bookkeeping and spend more than enough time on it for my husband's business, so I keep procrastinating about doing my own.

Cammie27 I can understand your burnout on the bookkeeping. After you get yourself a system set up it will be much better.

I'm very disorganized. What I struggle a lot is with being constant. I like your notebook approach to keep track of what you do every day. I also think the spreadsheet approach is good. I'll definitely give that one a try. I'll use Google Docs for that so I can edit it even if I'm working on my tablet.

Good luck with the spreadsheet. I found it tedious but I do like my notebook. It does help to see where you stand daily, weekly and monthly.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

This is exactly what I am trying to do at the moment aswell! I have found that I currently have below the cashout threshold at about 20-30 different sites which would equal to $200. I will finish working these sites and then probably just stick to a golden four or five and earn solely from them!

Trista

Trista

I am afraid that I am on way too many sites as well. If I did not have 3 toddlers running around needing my attention I could fit each site in daily but most of the time I forget them or don't have time to get to them. I try to remember my PTC sites at least once a week. I am trying to stick with my best earner (Bubblews) and devote most of the time to that site.

This is exactly what I am trying to do at the moment aswell! I have found that I currently have below the cashout threshold at about 20-30 different sites which would equal to $200. I will finish working these sites and then probably just stick to a golden four or five and earn solely from them!

Yes, I encourage you to narrow the focus to the top earners. I learned the hard way how easy it is to get burned out on too many sites. And then to top it all off, the organizing and bookkeeping of all those different sites in and of itself consumes yet more time.

It makes a world of difference to have just a few sites that pay faster and that you can work quickly. As to which sites those are will depend on the individual's skills and abilities. Some are very good at microwork. Others may excel at writing or may have the time for PTC and paid searches. Experiment and find your strengths and the opportunities that match them, and then stay focused.

You will get more consistent and frequent payouts. And these little income streams do add up over time.

BigJ

BigJ

For those who are on a few dozen websites, are they mostly PTC (paid-to-click) or GPT (get-paid-to) sites or are you branching out to article writing, having your own website, affiliate marketing, etc?

NicheGuy

NicheGuy

I have desktop icons for each of my niche sites and a very big monitor to see all of them with. I also keep each site in a favorites folder. Then I have favorite folders for topics related to different niches as reference material.

I also have desktop icons for my affiliate program sites to check daily on revenue. I've honed this down to a few so I don't have money sources everywhere and no payout because of $ limitations. The more advertisers I used under Commission Junction or AvantLink the better off I am.

It's a learning process and you learn the best avenues for income and what works for you so you streamline things and keep in handy and neat.

caparica007

caparica007

I am really organized, I know what tasks to perform first and in which order to do them. If I just had more time and never got tired I suppose I'd be rich. :D

M

mkcookin

I believe the best way to stay organized, is to write down a to do list for everything you need to accomplish the next day. When you usually wake up, your mind starts racing thinking of what you need to get done, and ways to increase your knowledge.

Having the most important task first, the ones that will generate you income, should always be first. Do not do anything else until you do these task that will grow you income and business.

Once you have them done, then you can goof off and surf sites and relax some.

But for me having a to do list, and eliminating all distractions while I am working, is what has helped me increase my productivity.

terryse

terryse

I maintained a list of those sites I registered in a separate folder saved online. I have one username and password for Adsense sharing sites and another username and password for those forum posting sites, and so on. In addition, for those click and earn site, i make sure to open a separate email account for those ptc sites alone so as not to mess up with my primary email account.

BigJ

BigJ

I maintained a list of those sites I registered in a separate folder saved online. I have one username and password for Adsense sharing sites and another username and password for those forum posting sites, and so on. In addition, for those click and earn site, i make sure to open a separate email account for those ptc sites alone so as not to mess up with my primary email account.

More people need to read this post, specifically what I put in bold. There are times where branding and using the same username everywhere serve a purpose but far too often people forget to protect their identity by changing it up.

Trista

Trista

I believe the best way to stay organized, is to write down a to do list for everything you need to accomplish the next day. When you usually wake up, your mind starts racing thinking of what you need to get done, and ways to increase your knowledge.

Having the most important task first, the ones that will generate you income, should always be first. Do not do anything else until you do these task that will grow you income and business.

Once you have them done, then you can goof off and surf sites and relax some.

But for me having a to do list, and eliminating all distractions while I am working, is what has helped me increase my productivity.

Yes, this is also what I do. It works, and I can vouch for that. It's crucial to stay focused especially when we are working for ourselves.

I also set time limits for tasks so that they do not take such an inordinate amount of time that I'm not able to get to other pressing matters on the list. I even schedule by the hour or half hour intervals to make sure I get tasks completed.

I find this kind of structured approach very liberating especially when I look back and see how much I have accomplished. This has also helped me to tackle my tendency towards procrastination.

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

It depends. I actually can reach my goals without being to organized right now but when I take the next step and do something really big there will be more organization. It#s really effective to know certain stuff about your work and I don't wanna waste time and effort and therefore money.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: