By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How Organized Are You At Your Money Making Ventures?

Dahlia02

Dahlia02

I'm about as organized with my online work as I am with everything else. I start off with a plan and high hopes to stay organized but after a while, I find myself a bit jumbled again. And then I get overwhelmed.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I have desktop icons for each of my niche sites and a very big monitor to see all of them with. I also keep each site in a favorites folder. Then I have favorite folders for topics related to different niches as reference material.

I also have desktop icons for my affiliate program sites to check daily on revenue. I've honed this down to a few so I don't have money sources everywhere and no payout because of $ limitations. The more advertisers I used under Commission Junction or AvantLink the better off I am.

It's a learning process and you learn the best avenues for income and what works for you so you streamline things and keep in handy and neat.

I should really use desktop icons as well. I do keep a favorites folder for each topic too. I still find this overwhelming at times.

I am really organized, I know what tasks to perform first and in which order to do them. If I just had more time and never got tired I suppose I'd be rich. :D

Yes I agree.... more time and no sleep rich rich rich! Glad you are organized!

I believe the best way to stay organized, is to write down a to do list for everything you need to accomplish the next day. When you usually wake up, your mind starts racing thinking of what you need to get done, and ways to increase your knowledge.

Having the most important task first, the ones that will generate you income, should always be first. Do not do anything else until you do these task that will grow you income and business.

Once you have them done, then you can goof off and surf sites and relax some.

But for me having a to do list, and eliminating all distractions while I am working, is what has helped me increase my productivity.

Yes a list works wonders. I do keep a daily to-do list myself. I try to get it all done. As far as the distractions I have young ones that keep my pretty busy. I do what I can.

shellyann36

shellyann36

More people need to read this post, specifically what I put in bold. There are times where branding and using the same username everywhere serve a purpose but far too often people forget to protect their identity by changing it up.

You are right we do need to be more caustious!

I maintained a list of those sites I registered in a separate folder saved online. I have one username and password for Adsense sharing sites and another username and password for those forum posting sites, and so on. In addition, for those click and earn site, i make sure to open a separate email account for those ptc sites alone so as not to mess up with my primary email account.

Yes the ptc sites can jam up an email quickly. Thank you for sharing.

It depends. I actually can reach my goals without being to organized right now but when I take the next step and do something really big there will be more organization. It#s really effective to know certain stuff about your work and I don't wanna waste time and effort and therefore money.

I envy you then! I wish I found it that easy. I think I have my mind on far too many things all day long.

I'm about as organized with my online work as I am with everything else. I start off with a plan and high hopes to stay organized but after a while, I find myself a bit jumbled again. And then I get overwhelmed.

I feel your pain! I am the same way. I will clean up my desk and start an organizing venture and promise myself that next week/ month is going to be different. I will not allow my desk to get buried by my odds and ends..... sometimes it works and other times it does not. Good luck.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

Yes, I encourage you to narrow the focus to the top earners. I learned the hard way how easy it is to get burned out on too many sites. And then to top it all off, the organizing and bookkeeping of all those different sites in and of itself consumes yet more time.

It makes a world of difference to have just a few sites that pay faster and that you can work quickly. As to which sites those are will depend on the individual's skills and abilities. Some are very good at microwork. Others may excel at writing or may have the time for PTC and paid searches. Experiment and find your strengths and the opportunities that match them, and then stay focused.

You will get more consistent and frequent payouts. And these little income streams do add up over time.

I always thought that you could not really earn a lot of money from a ptc site? Can you earn a lot? All the ads always seem to only pay you a bit of a cent and never seem worth it!

caparica007

caparica007

Thing is, if I work too much what's the point, I have no time to spend my money. :)

I should really use desktop icons as well. I do keep a favorites folder for each topic too. I still find this overwhelming at times.

Yes I agree.... more time and no sleep rich rich rich! Glad you are organized!

Yes a list works wonders. I do keep a daily to-do list myself. I try to get it all done. As far as the distractions I have young ones that keep my pretty busy. I do what I can.

BigJ

BigJ

I always thought that you could not really earn a lot of money from a ptc site? Can you earn a lot? All the ads always seem to only pay you a bit of a cent and never seem worth it!
The key with PTC (and more GPT) sites is to build up a massive number of referrals and have them do the work for you.

caparica007

caparica007

LOL you can always shop online while you are working! That is what the extra tabs are for. ;)

:)

I think we need to find a balance between living a good life with time for what we enjoy and the ones we love and work...

caparica007

caparica007

I try, I think we all try to have balanced lives, that's one of the hardest parts of life I suppose. :)

caparica007

caparica007

Thanks, it's about to end now, Fall has begun, but the heat is still here, 30ºC on September 22nd... o_O

deansaliba

deansaliba

I have to be honest I admit that I'm not nearly as organised as I would like to be. I try to get myself into a schedule, but when you have ADHD (hard to concentrate or follow routines) and a disabled father to care for, it can be hard to stick to one.

Trista

Trista

Yes, that's the key. It's important to determine if the few cents add up to enough to be worth your time. The pay on PTC sites is not substantial, but it can be some extra cash here and there. But it's only worthwhile, in my view, if it does not detract from devoting time to ventures which would be better paying.

shellyann36

shellyann36

Thanks, it's about to end now, Fall has begun, but the heat is still here, 30ºC on September 22nd... o_O

We had a very rainy day on Saturday and now the temps are back to being warm again but not too warm. Hubby took the kids to the park for a change of pace today and I dressed them in pants instead of shorts. Our summer has been very mild this year. I am sure you will get some cooler weather soon!

I have to be honest I admit that I'm not nearly as organised as I would like to be. I try to get myself into a schedule, but when you have ADHD (hard to concentrate or follow routines) and a disabled father to care for, it can be hard to stick to one.

I do understand deansaliba. Schedules are hard to keep in that situation. I wish you the best of luck with your schedule and your father! Lots of positive thoughts headed your way.

Sugarhill

Sugarhill

I have Excel sheets, a notebook and my money application on my phone. If I can't figure out a reasonable plan for making money on the site within 2-3 days of being on the site or before even signing up, I don't waste my time with it. I need to know that X amount of hours will produce a result and it needs to fit with my overall goals.

I'm incredibly organized with my online ventures.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I have Excel sheets, a notebook and my money application on my phone. If I can't figure out a reasonable plan for making money on the site within 2-3 days of being on the site or before even signing up, I don't waste my time with it. I need to know that X amount of hours will produce a result and it needs to fit with my overall goals.

I'm incredibly organized with my online ventures.

That is great Sugarhill! I do my best to be organized but it sounds like we could all take lessons from you.

caparica007

caparica007

We had a very rainy day on Saturday and now the temps are back to being warm again but not too warm. Hubby took the kids to the park for a change of pace today and I dressed them in pants instead of shorts. Our summer has been very mild this year. I am sure you will get some cooler weather soon!

Quite true, it has begun to chill now, I was hoping all year round summer, but that's not going to happen! :)

DancinKarmaBear

DancinKarmaBear

I really need to get more organized. I have trouble being organized I am definitely not a natural at it. I try to write a list done, but I usually don't even end up going by that list. I get overwhelmed very easily. It needs to change, I should hop on pinterest and find some better ways to organize.

Viktori

Viktori

I'm terribly disorganized, but I've been meaning to correct it. It's just a little bit difficult because I've started off with little organization already, and have all my email addresses intertwined with different money sites of the same type. If I could do it all over, I would have set it up to be organized from the start, but it was hardly possible for my case when I was starting because I barely knew anything about online money making then and was only getting used to the different programs. Hopefully I can transition smoothly into a more organized pattern soon.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: