By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How to use Google + for social networking and SEO

Beverly

Beverly

One of my favorite new sites for social networking and blog promotion is Google +.

What seperates Google + from Facebook is that you have many top caliber writers there who really know what they're talking about. It's a great place to make posts, establish credibility in a niche and cultivate an avid readership. Not to mention how any links posted on a Google + page or post is quickly indexed by Google search engine and the pages being linked to are more likely to end up highly ranked for keywords chosen.

The key to making Google + work is not to simply make one liner posts (as you see on Facebook fan pages) along with links back to a blog post. Instead, you want to actually take time to write a full fledged article (three paragraphs and up), preferably rich in commentary about what you're actually linking to.

Next go out and find other Google + users (bloggers) who are in the same niche and make relevant comments.

Their readers will click back through and see your posts. Those will be your first readers.

Once you start getting comments, take time to comment back and keep the conversation going.

Just a few tips to win with Google +

Shortie861

Shortie861

This is some really great advice Beverly :) thanks for sharing this. I have always used just Facebook and Twitter for my SEO and have recently moved over to just using Twitter only however after looking at your post it really does explain a better way to use Google+ for SEO :)

Thanks again.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

Like always, great tips. In my case, Google+ didn't worked as expected, but who knows...maybe I should try harder.

E

edwardkingston

I never use Google= for socially use, i think Twitter and Facebook are enough for that!

S

SonnyNET64

Thank you for this outstanding tutorial. Will help me with my Google+ profiling. I might as well quit Google + soon because not many people use the same niche as myself.

SonnyNET64

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: