By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Question Is social media marketing beneficial for website ranking?

A

Amanda Lewis

I just create my website Digimines.ca and I am now confused that whether I do social media marketing or not? Will it be helpful in ranking the website? Will it drive the traffic on the website or not? I don't have any idea. I am looking for suggestions. Please let me know that, should I do Social Media Marketing for website ranking or not?

UponThames

UponThames

From what I have learned and seen, one does not use Social Media for ranking site rather SM platforms are used for outreach and traffic. In order to drive traffic towards your site, you need to create engaging content. Now, there are two ways to do it on Social Media either organically or paid. You have to create engaging content for your site and social media. Results will come in your favor if you are doing it right. It will produce results.

A

AlbertoEbert

Today, Social media marketing provides the impactful presence for Business. Usability of social media is easy due to which everyone business wants to use social media. If you post your content on a regular basis and engage the good audience for content then it helps you get better business. It also helps you to improve the website ranking because when you get the good traffic on your social media business page then people try to search for your business website and almost all social media platform provide the option of a website link to add. So that you can make link your business website to your promotional page and can generate traffic for your business site. In my point of view today Facebook is the best social media platform for business and Facebook is king of social media.

onebasemedia

onebasemedia

Established Memeber
Social media is one of the most influential marketing tools in a business owner’s arsenal. Unfortunately, many companies never reach the full potential of this type of marketing.

With the help of social media, we can drive more traffic to our website.

know more visit us.

carpetcleaningdublin

carpetcleaningdublin

Hi

I think it depends from business to business. Social media is not a great source of SEO but it can help build a brand. I have tens of post on Linkedin articles, i have tens of posts on Facebook, many instagram photos, Pinterest, etc. I can`t see 1 single link being indexed by search engines. I have also discovered that jobs that come from Facebook are poor quality. Very cheap customers.

I know few makeup companies that have made millions using social media. But there are trades that don`t make any money. You don`t get a lot of traffic, you don`t get links and the work that comes is not worth doing it.

My competition has Facebook ads but the amount of enquires they get from people that are not even looking for work to be done, is unreal. If you don`t respond to every weird question, Facebook will list you as slow to respond. If you don`t provide very very cheap prices, they rate you poor.

My opinion

mollierhodes

mollierhodes

Established Memeber
Yes, you should definitely go for social media marketing.

Social media marketing is one of the best platforms to increase brand awareness and increase traffic to your website. But it is not directly connected with website ranking. The activities that are carried out on social media platforms like sharing links on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest may help your brand get more exposure, but they aren’t seen by Google as a ranking signal. Now, here’s the thing: even though social media is not a ranking factor on a superficial level, it has significance if you look deeper. Indirectly, it does have a positive effect on a page’s ranking. So yes, there is a definite correlation between a site’s position in the SERPs and the number of social signals it has. If you study the websites that hold top-ranking positions in Google, you will find many of them having strong social signals. So, if you are investing in social media marketing, then you are in essence also improving your chances of performing well in the search engines.

B

bracknelson

Established Memeber
Social media doesn’t exactly kick into rank, but the links you share at your content increase your brand fame.
These platforms are beneficial because they always connect with your consumers or drive website traffic.

Ramasmith

Ramasmith

Social media does not directly contribute to SEO ranking. It helps to provide traffic to your website.

Aman rawat

Aman rawat

You can promote your content on social media platforms. If people find your content worth reading they will surely check your website. and it will help your website to gain more traffic..

Devgency

Devgency

Social media does not directly contribute to SEO ranking, but the links you share across social platforms increase brand exposure. They add up and influence search engine optimization in six directions: Extensive content distribution. Longer lifespan of your posts.

gchmedia

gchmedia

it also builds up trust.... trust flow is important to search engines

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: