By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Making Money From Nothing?

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

What ways are there nowadays that I can make money from nothing? I am thinking of maybe blogging and then selling adspace. However, I will have no funds to start up with! I also know little to no coding so would I still get a lot of traffic if I use blogger and then use a free domain? Furthermore, where can I learn tactics to get a lot of hits and also will I get accepted by an ad company if I use a free domain?

You can also give an alternative way to earn money as I am open to ideas!

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

You can get accepted by ad companies even with a free domain, but its always the best solution to use your own. As for making some startup cash I'd suggest you try these:
  • iWriter - You have to write articles to get money.
  • fiverr - You can sell just about anything here. Just check the site if you don't know what I'm talking about.
  • oDesk - Lots of internet related jobs here, perhaps you can find one that you can do.
I also suggest you collect some money and buy a domain. You can buy your first domain at Godaddy for like 0.99$ if you manage to find a coupon code for it (just google around). After your site starts to bring in some money you can buy more domains at namecheap. They are not as cheap but they won't stab you in the back if they get the chance.
As for web hosting I suggest either Hostgator or Hostwinds. They are both cheap and reliable for the most part.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

You can get accepted by ad companies even with a free domain, but its always the best solution to use your own. As for making some startup cash I'd suggest you try these:
  • fiverr - You can sell just about anything here. Just check the site if you don't know what I'm talking about.
  • oDesk - Lots of internet related jobs here, perhaps you can find one that you can do.
I also suggest you collect some money and buy a domain. You can buy your first domain at Godaddy for like 0.99$ if you manage to find a coupon code for it (just google around). After your site starts to bring in some money you can buy more domains at namecheap. They are not as cheap but they won't stab you in the back if they get the chance.

As for web hosting I suggest either Hostgator or Hostwinds. They are both cheap and reliable for the most part.

What should I use to setup my site or blog to start earning money in the first place? Also, how can I think of a topic to talk about?

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I don't really think there is such thing as making money from nothing. You're always do something in order to generate income, even if that income is easy to make. Even if you find the easiest way to make money online, you're still putting effort in, even if it's minimal, so it's not really making money from nothing. I would say it depends on your interest. For me, writing is the easiest way to make money since it comes naturally to me. But for someone else, it could be different.

C

Cammie27

There are zero-investment options out there but they demand a lot of work and a lot of patience before they start to pay off. Whether it is writing for a site like iWriter or Yahoo Contributor Network or doing odd tasks at MTurk or viewing ads on PTC sites like the one linked above, you put in a significant amount of time for relatively little compensation. Which isn't to say they're worth doing; some do have potential to pay better in time, after you've built a reputation or attracted some referrals. But you certainly "pay your dues" in exchange for getting started with no start-up cash.

Do you have an idea for a blog that you think will reach some target audience? The writing skills to generate quality content? That's where it starts, in my opinion - if you don't have content and ideas that people are interested in you're not going to build up enough traffic to earn any money. Just sitting down and saying "I want to make some money online." isn't exactly a strong start on the road to success, because your niche is the most personal aspect of starting a blog and not something that others can easily guide you on. A topic for which you have no interest or passion, even if it is popular, isn't likely to result in a site that will draw readers.

J

John Smithers

You can earn money online without any investment using ptc sites.

Yes, but unfortunately, unless you have thousands of referrals all doing a lot of work each day, you are only going to be making pennies. My personal experience with PTC sites has been generally negative, as over the past two years I have been a constant member on around 3 or 4 of them and have only just about made the payout on each. Certainly not worth my time.

Nymph

Nymph

Despite what some users are saying on this thread, it is more than possible to make money online starting with absolutely $0. In fact, you can do it starting without a bank account or credit card (although you will want at least one of these things to hold your funds and earnings). All you really need is a Paypal account and a little bit of patience.

First, you will need to decide what you want to do. Do you want to go into affiliate marketing, blogging to promote products, sell advertising space, or earn revenue through an advertising program such as Google Adsense? Or are you simply looking to do freelance work, perhaps write some articles or design websites for clients using programs like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop?

If you are looking to build a website for any reason involving making money online, you will have to take into account two important expenses: the price of a domain name, the price of hosting, and (optional) the price of any custom solutions or scripts you need made to give your site the right functionality. A domain name with any extension will usually go for $0.99 to as much as $14 depending on which registrar you go with and what deals they have going on at the moment, annually. While hosting can go for the same for a basic package on a monthly basis.

Let's say you get a $9 domain and $7 per month hosting package. In one year, you will need approximately $93 altogether, and on the first month, you will need $16 in your Paypal account. You can easily get this amount of money through a combination of GPTs like SwagBucks and TreasureTrooper, PTCs like Clixsense or Neobux, and article writing or other freelance work. You can opt to get your payments through Paypal, hence the need to create one earlier. Paypal will store these funds for you. This is the way I started out, and in one month, I managed to scrape together $60 altogether through these programs with just a few hours of work per day.

From here, you can start up your blog or website and maintain its hosting and domain expenses through a few hours of work per day on the aforementioned programs. Now, it's only a matter of joining an affiliate platform or slowly building traffic to eventually sell ad space, selling your service, or whatever else you had in mind for the website. Getting that blog or website ranking high enough to make you money is an entirely different concept dealing with SEO, but there is absolutely no need to pay anything else after this point to make money. The rest is up to effort and skill. Good luck!

seosan7

seosan7

What ways are there nowadays that I can make money from nothing? I am thinking of maybe blogging and then selling adspace. However, I will have no funds to start up with! I also know little to no coding so would I still get a lot of traffic if I use blogger and then use a free domain? Furthermore, where can I learn tactics to get a lot of hits and also will I get accepted by an ad company if I use a free domain?

You can also give an alternative way to earn money as I am open to ideas!

If you're brand new to making money online and you don't want to spend any money, writing or blogging is one of the best things you can do. You need to be able to write using good English grammar.

I would recommend Blogspot Blogger because it is free and easy to create nice looking blogs. (After you learn the ropes, you can branch out to getting your own domain, etc.). Since Google owns Blogger, they make it very easy to apply for AdSense to monetize your blog. They allow you to use other companies' ads so that's not an issue.

Again, since Google owns Blogspot Blogger, they get some favor in Google search. The key is to write good quality SEO content that people are searching for. Make it on a topic that other sites haven't addressed properly. There are a lot of places to learn about SEO, etc. This forum is offering info. Look on the front page on the bottom right corner under "SEO Resources". Check it out. Also, search on YouTube. There are tons of teaching videos on there. Go for it.

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

Fiverr is really good for those who are looking to earn money from nothing.

I do not really know a lot about Odesk, although I know it is a very good site.

S

SwagBear

If you invest into sites like Neobux, you can make good money. For example, if you invest $50, you will make that back in a few weeks.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

Fiverr is really good for those who are looking to earn money from nothing.

I do not really know a lot about Odesk, although I know it is a very good site.

I am thoughtless to what sort of services to offer on fiverr though? Like have you got any ideas? Furthermore, is it actually worth paying for rented referrals as most of the time when I have done that, they do not make as much as I paid for them!

Rube

Rube

I agree it costs nothing to make money online if you have a niche interest, some expertise or a skill. Microjob sites and freelance sites are the best places to join if you have any technical skills.

I would recommend visiting a few microjob sites and read some of the requests there. See if you have any personal skills that match what people are prepared to pay for.

Only join referral programs if you have some knowledge of how to promote for free online. If you pay for referrals there is no guarantee they will be active ones. Even if you recruit a lot of referrals yourself, only a percentage of those referrrals will remain active and earn extra income for you.

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

I wouldn't recommend trying PTC sites because you can't earn decent money there, only a few cents per day. Unless you invest some money and buy some referrals. But you can never be sure if your referrals will be active or not. You don't have any control over it. When you pay money to make more money, its called an investment. Investing money always carries the risk of not getting your money back, but at least you have some control over the process - you can choose what to invest in, and you can try to predict if it brings you money or not.
Now, when you pay money and you have no way to predict if it will worth it or not - its called gambling. Obviously, this is the case with PTC sites where you can't tell if the referral you bought will be active or not. You might as well go play some poker at the local pub instead, the results will be the same.
Of course you can always get direct referrals, but with the same effort you could get those people to sign up to some site with your affiliate link or fill out a survey for you, etc.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

I wouldn't recommend trying PTC sites because you can't earn decent money there, only a few cents per day. Unless you invest some money and buy some referrals. But you can never be sure if your referrals will be active or not. You don't have any control over it. When you pay money to make more money, its called an investment. Investing money always carries the risk of not getting your money back, but at least you have some control over the process - you can choose what to invest in, and you can try to predict if it brings you money or not.
Now, when you pay money and you have no way to predict if it will worth it or not - its called gambling. Obviously, this is the case with PTC sites where you can't tell if the referral you bought will be active or not. You might as well go play some poker at the local pub instead, the results will be the same.
Of course you can always get direct referrals, but with the same effort you could get those people to sign up to some site with your affiliate link or fill out a survey for you, etc.

Okay, on iwriter do you need google adsense to make money or can you use other advertisement companies? The only reason I ask is because I got declined from Google Adsense and can no longer apply! Are there also any other article submission sites that will pay me for my earnings?

S

SwagBear

Yeah, you don't need money to start making money online, but there's a lot of programs where you can invest and you can make that money back and more within a short amount of time. You can make little money, $1 a day with about 30 minutes a day, starting from $0.

Raivyn

Raivyn

I've been debating the same thing for a few days now. Website or blog? What would the topic or product be? Until I find something suitable, I've been using Bubblews, Postloop, Microworkers, and Mturk. They all require a small time investment, but no cash. Bubblews you write an article and get paid for every like, dislike, view, and comment. You can build a nice connection with the other users of Bubblews. Postloop, you earn points for posting on forums. Those points turn into money. Microworkers and Mturk offer tasks to complete, sometimes for just a few cents for something simple, up to a few bucks for something a bit more time consuming.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

I've been debating the same thing for a few days now. Website or blog? What would the topic or product be? Until I find something suitable, I've been using Bubblews, Postloop, Microworkers, and Mturk. They all require a small time investment, but no cash. Bubblews you write an article and get paid for every like, dislike, view, and comment. You can build a nice connection with the other users of Bubblews. Postloop, you earn points for posting on forums. Those points turn into money. Microworkers and Mturk offer tasks to complete, sometimes for just a few cents for something simple, up to a few bucks for something a bit more time consuming.

Ah yes they all sound great sites! I have decided that with my online earnings, I will be investing in silver to try and build up my wealth that way as it is at quite a low rate at the moment! What do you think about this? Is it a good idea or would you just accept the money that I am earning and keep it in Paypal till a rainy day?

P

protoboard

There's no way you can make money from nothing. If you notice people have told you many ways of making money online but all of them involves work from your part. Even clicking on PTC sites you need to work and invest your time in order to see some money.

I recommend you starting a blog and then signing up on some ad network like Adsense and with time you'll start earning some passive income from there.

You can also write articles in sites like iWriter and Yahoo! Voices. The first will let you earn upfront money by selling your articles. The second will let you earn passive money from the visits your articles get.

leandros21

leandros21

Yes, but unfortunately, unless you have thousands of referrals all doing a lot of work each day, you are only going to be making pennies. My personal experience with PTC sites has been generally negative, as over the past two years I have been a constant member on around 3 or 4 of them and have only just about made the payout on each. Certainly not worth my time.

I respect your opinion but from my experience over a year, i support the ptc site i use because of my cashout. Most of users think that they become millionaire overnight. My situation is simple, having a thousand of referrals and they click 20% of them, having $10 profit each day, so simple so true.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: