By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Online Full-Time or Part-Time?

ozadin

ozadin

Part time. I have yet to earn anything close to a real job, my earnings go up and down so I can't really decide if it's the right choice or not. I can even quit online marketing since I have enough to fund myself, but the money I earn online is basically for games, and other wants, and occasionally gifts for friends.

C

Cammie27

Very, very part time. More like a hobby than a business for the last 5 years or so - sometimes I'm working a lot and doing well, other times life gets busy and work falls by the wayside. I'm gearing up to get back to full-time or almost full-time hours and effort in the fall, when my kids are all in school all day, but I also have a full-time college courseload to balance with work so putting in more time still might not quite reach full time in terms of hours or pay.

Dahlia02

Dahlia02

Definitely part time. I am very content with my day job and the money I make, anything I make online is just for extra padding, so to speak.

leandros21

leandros21

Until now, part- time. When i can handle my expenses using internet probably i would turn it to full time.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I average about $125 to $150 a month part time online. I need to ramp this up and increase it by quite a bit. My husband just lost his job on Friday. He is out looking for another job and has applied for unemployment benefits but we are dead in the water without some cash coming in.

C

Cammie27

I average about $125 to $150 a month part time online. I need to ramp this up and increase it by quite a bit. My husband just lost his job on Friday. He is out looking for another job and has applied for unemployment benefits but we are dead in the water without some cash coming in.

Sorry to hear it. I've been in that boat before and let me tell you, there's nothing like necessity to keep you focused! I've never made as much when I wanted to as I did when I needed to.

Good luck to you both.

P

Parksooah

I am currently working part-time online. Its a great way to earn some extra spending money. Do not expect to get rich over night, its going to take a lot of patience to be able to make any money at all.

V

vash

Working on my web site/forum is only a part time job for me. It doesn't make anywhere close to make a living lol. It will continue be a part time job until it grows to the point it far exceed the revenue of my regular job... and only if it demands more time with the promise of more revenue coming along.

It is not recommended to do this type of work as full time from the very start... unless you truly have a hard time to find a day job. Even many successful webmasters will tell you that they had a day job until they were making more than enough from their online businesses.

Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic

I'm very serious about my online business and I can say this is my full time job. You need to accept that there is no such thing as 'over night' success. Persistence is the key to success, because over time your online business will grow constantly. Like in any business, first couple of years can be difficult, but if you test, create and develop constantly you will achieve your goals. Developing a positive mindset is also required!

P

protoboard

Right now I'm only doing this part time. I'm far from earning what I do with my full time offline job. My goal is to someday turn this into my full time job so I can work on my own schedule but I'm still far away from that being a reality.

terryse

terryse

I am a full time working mom as a college librarian and a part-time freelance writer online. I love both worlds, offline and online.

SimplySidy

SimplySidy

I started out Part time and trust me things were much easier way back those days. I feel ill and was on bed for 8 months and since then, I have to stay at home. So I now have kind of made this into a full time thing, but I do know that Jessi is right. It is more hectic and less paying (considering the efforts that you have to make). Living today is more difficult everywhere I guess

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: