By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

'Premium Sites'

D

Darthmaul

So, when an Admin buys a premium software and a premium theme for his/her site or forum, do you think this basically upgrades their forum? By how much, or how little?

StevenF50

StevenF50

It can make a forum better but it depends on what they buy.

D

Darthmaul

It can make a forum better but it depends on what they buy.
I find that it does make the forum. A paid software like IPB or XF and then a custom theme really brings the forum up. Better than phpbb and a free theme :p

StevenF50

StevenF50

But if they buy vbulletin and a crappy theme. Mybb and a nice free theme could be better.

StevenF50

StevenF50

It's similar to phpbb except it's designs are better and the acp is easier.

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

Custom designs/mods/plugins/addons are always better than premium ones.

T

Tindris

Custom is adapted to the site, that is the main difference. This is usually what makes a site better. But the right site using the right theme and free plugins can be just as good. As an answer to the original question, in some aspects a site can be called premium as it is showing quality and investment.

StevenF50

StevenF50

I know what I'm saying is custom themes aren't always better, they just have the potential to be better.

D

Darthmaul

I know what I'm saying is custom themes aren't always better, they just have the potential to be better.
Why would someone waste their effort on a crappy custom theme? It seems like a profound amount of waste :p

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: