By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Twitter, one of the best ways for promoting

Ricus

Ricus

Twitter has recently showed to be one of the best ways for promoting your website or business. All you have to do is follow many people with the same niche and who have more followers then you. It is quite common, that one of thus person's followers will look at your account and may even start following you.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

Well, it's pretty useless if you don't have a decent number of followers...

Shortie861

Shortie861

I agree and I personally myself think that twitter is one of the best social networking sites for promotion purposes. It can take alot of time to gain the followers you need but once you start getting into a flow and start posting up updates tweets regarding your business, website or forum it really does work. Making your tweets really interesting and catchy works a treat if you have the right kind of followers.

N

NeoGills

Right, but it's not one of the best way for promoting.
there are so many ways for promotion.

E

edwardkingston

Yes, follow others they follow you :D
even get many followers from this method
cheers!

F

fancy

Personally I don’t market with twitter it is all very boring. No one wants to hear what a global business is up to. Not a soul would admire to add you as a friend on Twitter ……only to see updates that are dry, designed and ever so corporate. Using twitter to my side requires creation of personal voice to your updates…………people are after other people but not all about growing companies…who cares. The problem hereby is are you to tweet under your company’s name or your yourself?. I remember sometimes back I was hurt by administrators from certain company.. With my own negative opinions that I posted into my tweets I ended up losing a large number of clients. I love twitter but if it’s a matter of business I don’t like it.

thevirtualtraveler

thevirtualtraveler

You can have a 100,000 followers if you like but that doesn't mean they are helping your business.

I would rather have 20 followers who are coming to my website and buying my products than to have a ton of useless followers. But since twitter is mostly about who has more followers and who's followed by who I don't think it is a very good method for promoting yourself.

DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReilly

I love Twitter, I find its brilliant for advertising my business. Tweepi is a great way to follow and unfollow users :). I use it to follow people with the same niche. http://tweepi.com/. I think Facebook is great also but only when you have your own fan page.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: