By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Are IB getting out of hand?

Jimmy

Jimmy

SEOTalk Guru
IB are one of the greediest companies I've ever seen, $200 per updgrade? I could buy a new xenforo license every time a new version comes out (plus $40 left over!) :p

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

You'd have $60 left over, unless you're in EU.

The upgrade cost for VB is ridiculous though.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Bad maths from me :D I am in the EU, but its $140 everywhere :p
Wrong again. lol. EU has a VAT fee so it will be more than $140 for you. ;)

Unless of course, you lie and give a US address.

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
I got two XF licenses for $130 lol I could get 3 licenses and have some left over for the price of upgrading my one vB license.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

I got two XF licenses for $130 lol I could get 3 licenses and have some left over for the price of upgrading my one vB license.
Buying used?

Something else you can't do with VB, unless again, you're in the EU. :p

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
Yup, the price I have been picking them up at is around $60-70 per license. I'm in the EU but I'm not going to pay $40 for something that is only worth $80 anyways, screw that, so I guess I am stuck with my vB unless I just change the info and pass it on. lol.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

IB lost me as a customer for life not only because they were greedy but also because they made a mistake and believed that my 3 week old license was actually 1 year and 3 weeks old, and they set the legal dogs on me before realizing they made a mistake. During the time they hounded me I realized quickly that they had little respect for their own customers by how they approached me and threatened me without even so much as an inquiry or initial contact.

I didn't renew and won't return. This isn't a knock on the software itself, or current management.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

I cannot believe they are charging that much for upgrades. To me it sounds like ransom money more or less. Once you've built a community, you don't want to risk losing all of your user activity history by trying to switch over to another platform, so they can just keep raising the price on these all they want.

bauss

bauss

Internet Brands is a greedy company, why do you think they have a lawsuit against Xenforo? They are trying to take out the competition.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: