By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Article submissions

B

blackdata

How many people here do article submissions? I have caught this a few times on advertising boards mostly by "guru's" but I have not really dealt with paying someone to do them for me. The task is somewhat tedious so I would like to have someone else do mine for me but how do I know if I can trust them?

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

How many people here do article submissions? I have caught this a few times on advertising boards mostly by "guru's" but I have not really dealt with paying someone to do them for me. The task is somewhat tedious so I would like to have someone else do mine for me but how do I know if I can trust them?

There is software out there I think which can in fact test to see if the links have actually been built! Furthermore, I would not pay for link building and I prefer to do it myself as I then know that it has been done!

ozadin

ozadin

Article submissions is just one of my techniques for link building, and has a lot of potential. I run my own blog that receives decent traffic, and some of the traffic comes from article submissions alone. I prefer writing with my own style since the readers on that site may like the writing style I have, and read more on my blog. If you were to hire someone, they would have a different writing style, and obviously tell whether you hired a writer, or wrote it yourself.

It doesn't hurt to try, I always thought it was hard work to article submit, but you're not obligated to write an article everyday, you can pump an article every week or month. Once you get the hang of it, it'll take at least two hours for you to write a decent article.

Danch

Danch

Article marketing definitely works. I tried it with my blog and got direct traffic from the directories. Post unique articles to Ezinearticles and Go Articles to get good results. Volume does matter over the long term. Also I syndicate content and post the spun articles to Web 2.0 sites.

Spinning is tricky. Google can catch poorly written content much better now. Avoid spelling mistakes and keyword stuffing and you should be alright. You do get some traffic but not too much. It's all a matter of how many posted links get indexed and how Google ranks those pages.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

Article marketing definitely works. I tried it with my blog and got direct traffic from the directories. Post unique articles to Ezinearticles and Go Articles to get good results. Volume does matter over the long term. Also I syndicate content and post the spun articles to Web 2.0 sites.

Spinning is tricky. Google can catch poorly written content much better now. Avoid spelling mistakes and keyword stuffing and you should be alright. You do get some traffic but not too much. It's all a matter of how many posted links get indexed and how Google ranks those pages.

Okay and how many articles should I start off with on the article submission? Also will posting on topics not relevant still get my blogs views or not?

Nymph

Nymph

You may also find it beneficial to pay people on outsourcing sites such as Freelancer, Odesk, and Fiverr to write articles for you, sign up to different forums with your website's link in their signatures, or cultivate backlinks for you manually by any other means, such as the article marketing you suggested. While it may or may not be ethical, it gets you good results very quickly if you are a little stringent with the requirements of your freelancers. For instance, you can specify that you would like to see a certain amount of substance in their posts and the like, or request a specific description to go along with a signature link. I would also give your post a little test at the end to see which freelancers who opted in actually read your requirements to begin with. This has saved me much time in weeding out sub-par, lazy, spammy people from the adequate candidates.

I believe there is also article submission software out there, but I have yet to see a good one that is not laced with wannabe guru presells.

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I do article submissions. It doesn't make me a lot of money, though...So I stick to other money-making methods and only submit articles when I want to add to my portfolio. I submit articles through contributing sites though, not specific freelance jobs, which can make you a lot more money.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

I do article submissions. It doesn't make me a lot of money, though...So I stick to other money-making methods and only submit articles when I want to add to my portfolio. I submit articles through contributing sites though, not specific freelance jobs, which can make you a lot more money.

What sites do you use? Also are the sites that you use hard to get submitted on?

B

bryce12

Article marketing is not as effective nowadays as it was before the launch of Google Panda. Still I recommend submitting articles to top articles sites with high Pagerank as it will help you in the long run. Using automated tools to submit articles to low quality sites should be avoided at all cost as it may do more harm than good.

Raivyn

Raivyn

Article submission is a slow earning process if you're looking to make some cash. Sadly, most freelance work I've found offers around 50 cents for a 500 word article or so. When will writers get a bit more love? :(

Danch

Danch

Okay and how many articles should I start off with on the article submission? Also will posting on topics not relevant still get my blogs views or not?

You can start by posting one article each day to Ezinearticles and Go Articles. It is highly important that you post unique articles. Ideally, the length of the article should be around 500 words. It does take some time to gather momentum. Links are gathered when your article is posted on another site with credit to you as a writer. You are allowed to use links leading back to a website of your choice.

Relevance is vital. Any link you get from totally unrelated sites does not count in increasing your page rank. For example, if your keyword was Internet marketing and you lead a potential reader from the article directory to a blog related to dogs , it would not make sense . At the same time , leading a reader to a site dealing with hosting does have relevance.

leandros21

leandros21

Do some of you link build your articles, or leave the google make the job?

Danch

Danch

Do some of you link build your articles, or leave the google make the job?

Articles need backlinking just like any other linking process. Also, the more articles I write, the more traffic I get. Content is important. It has to be informative. Good content does have a viral effect with people opting to post the article on their site and give me credit for it. I get a valuable backlink that sticks. I also try to inform as many sources about my article being published. Twitter and Facebook pages are dedicated to a particular niche.

V

vash

I don't do article submission. I keep the best content on my own site and I believe that is the best choice. So what if you post your articles on other sites? Well, at most you might get a few clicks here and there, but it will never exceed the amount of traffic you can get from search engines by having your entire content on your own web site.

Content is the king. So keep the content on your own site > a backlink you posted under your content you put on someone else's site.

Trista

Trista

Article marketing is not as effective nowadays as it was before the launch of Google Panda. Still I recommend submitting articles to top articles sites with high Pagerank as it will help you in the long run. Using automated tools to submit articles to low quality sites should be avoided at all cost as it may do more harm than good.

Absolutely. The days of mass submissions to article directories are definitely over. Quality over quantity is the new strategy. Quality articles submitted to quality directors such as Ezine Articles, as others have mentioned on this thread.

Another thing to be mindful of is anchor text. It's crucial to vary the text these days. The temptation is to use the keyword(s), of course, but we can't do that with the same level of success anymore. The experts debate over what percentage of the anchor text can be the keyword(s), but what's not debatable is that we need to have variety to avoid getting a penalty.

Mayvin

Mayvin

Article submission is a slow earning process if you're looking to make some cash. Sadly, most freelance work I've found offers around 50 cents for a 500 word article or so. When will writers get a bit more love? :(

Yeah, it does seem that people expect a 500 word article cranked out for pennies on the dollar it's getting pathetic

Danch

Danch

Absolutely. The days of mass submissions to article directories are definitely over. Quality over quantity is the new strategy. Quality articles submitted to quality directors such as Ezine Articles, as others have mentioned on this thread.

Another thing to be mindful of is anchor text. It's crucial to vary the text these days. The temptation is to use the keyword(s), of course, but we can't do that with the same level of success anymore. The experts debate over what percentage of the anchor text can be the keyword(s), but what's not debatable is that we need to have variety to avoid getting a penalty.

I would completely accept Google's terms on using contextual linking, if I could direct traffic to a particular page. For example, if a keyword is remotely connected to my niche and Google recognizes it as such, visitors going to the same page for all those keywords will definitely hold more importance for me at that juncture.

Having said that, I would certainly use synonyms closely connected to my keyword phrase. I don't use more than 20% of my keyword for marketing any article.

wowtgp

wowtgp

I used to do it back in the early days when I had just embarked upon my blogging journey. I had seen a lot of fellow bloggers do this, so I just followed them. I used an article spinning software to spin my content a submit different versions to places like Ezinearticles and HubPages.

It was going really well for me until I realized that all my articles had been downranked for some unapparent reason. At first, I couldn't comprehend as to why it was happening, but I premised that my spammy submission practices might have caused this battering. So, I completely abandoned submitting spun content.

I am still recovering from it.

F

fancy

Personally, I am a part time article writer and I can bet it is very rewarding job. If you access some of the legitimate freelancer sites, you can have surety of making pretty good amount of money. Through this way, I am getting more and more traffic as days go on. In fact, when I post a high quality articles some of these sites tend to connect me with new clients. As I started this job in 2006, I had only one client who liked my writing styles and designs thus he kept joining me with more and more clients up to now I have more than ten clients and I really feel stable with this client of achievement. Therefore, I just think that with time article writing can be a great way to get more traffic if at all you can produce quality content with unique writing styles.

wowtgp

wowtgp

Matt Cutts has clearly stated in his latest blog post that Google is against article marketing. They are taking measures to prevent article marketing.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: